By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Disney may be acquiring Sony?

alternine said:

Nah not gonna happen. The word Monopoly should come to mind. Its one of the reasons why Google didn't buy out Twitch Tv.

Nice clickbait title by the way lol

Didn't I say it was a RUMOR in the title?  Isn't the rumor coming from an actual source, not me?  Isn't that what the line i scraped fromthe article saying?

Just stated the facts...

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Disney wouldn't buy the whole company, just Sony pictures/music. If Sony ever did get in a position where it was going to be sold, I imagine they would be better off selling the individual divisions separately rather than the whole company.

Ka-pi96 said:
BraLoD said:
"should it ever become available" = nothing.

Yeah exactly, it isn't going to happen.

I agree, it isn't likely for the whole of Sony, but just part of it is very possible.  The rate Sony is selling things off, you never know...

maybe Sony Pictures(which is still highly unlikely) no way would Disney buy Sony itself

Sony should just sell them Spiderman as they could use that money

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I could see it. Probably not the electronics division though, I imagine Disney wouldn't want that.

TechnoHobbit said:
Disney would become unstoppable.

Meaning there are laws that would likely stop/discourage it.

Even though I agree with the idea that laws would make it a little harder, why not?

Is there ANYTHING that Sony has or is would make Disney a monopoly?  Sony is in the top 7-8 Movie Studios, but thats it.  Disney has no interests in the Video Game areas really, and nothing substantial in Music.  Wait a minute, it even makes more sense...

Become available?

So, exactly one "analyst" said, "lol maybe Disney wants to buy Sony or something." This is not a rumor. It's barely conjecture.

Landguy said:
alternine said:

Nah not gonna happen. The word Monopoly should come to mind. Its one of the reasons why Google didn't buy out Twitch Tv.

Nice clickbait title by the way lol

Didn't I say it was a RUMOR in the title?  Isn't the rumor coming from an actual source, not me?  Isn't that what the line i scraped fromthe article saying?

Just stated the facts...

learn the meaning of the word facts pls...   its a rumor, nothing more.   and yes, its not your fault that the rumor is stupid, but its your fault to take it serious-