By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Disney may be acquiring Sony?

Sony Pictures yeah, not gaming division tho.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Become available?

If this was a disquis thread, you'd be top comment.

Gilgamesh said:

Become available?

Sony is nothing special these days. Disney dwarfs them and could have them if they really wanted to. If they made a bid for a hostile take over a lot of Sony's shareholders would be all ears. 

generic-user-1 said:
Landguy said:

Didn't I say it was a RUMOR in the title?  Isn't the rumor coming from an actual source, not me?  Isn't that what the line i scraped fromthe article saying?

Just stated the facts...

learn the meaning of the word facts pls...   its a rumor, nothing more.   and yes, its not your fault that the rumor is stupid, but its your fault to take it serious-

So, why are you here then?  A whole site filled with conversations surrounding parsed words and you complain about this?  

As far as the meaning of FACTS, I think I used it in the correct context of the conversation.  I think you need to do a little learning...

It is near the end of the end....

the_dengle said:
So, exactly one "analyst" said, "lol maybe Disney wants to buy Sony or something." This is not a rumor. It's barely conjecture.

I agree that one "analyst" would be a different thing, but the article nor the OP never used the word analyst.  It used the word "Source", thus the title "Rumor" vs "Analyst Said".

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Well Mickey and company would give Kratos a great new cast to slaughter off

Landguy said:
generic-user-1 said:

learn the meaning of the word facts pls...   its a rumor, nothing more.   and yes, its not your fault that the rumor is stupid, but its your fault to take it serious-

So, why are you here then?  A whole site filled with conversations surrounding parsed words and you complain about this?  

As far as the meaning of FACTS, I think I used it in the correct context of the conversation.  I think you need to do a little learning...

this is just a clickbait article by some idiot.  sure, disney is willing to buy a money bleeding tech giant just because they want some IP from sony pictures.

Isn't Sony picture profitable why would they be sold by someone else.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I don't see Disney buying Sony outright as Sony manufactures all kinds of appliances that I doubt Disney has any interest in. As for their film and Playstation's properties, though... Disney may indeed have an interest there.

It has always surprised me that Disney never got into the console game over the years; it really seems like they have the resources and brand name to compete.

alternine said:

Nah not gonna happen. The word Monopoly should come to mind. Its one of the reasons why Google didn't buy out Twitch Tv.

Nice clickbait title by the way lol

Why would this equal a comapny monopolising?

And I don't mean this in a rude way,  I genuinely want to know what I'm missing.