By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Disney may be acquiring Sony?

SONY pictures are one of the divisions of Sony that actually makes profits, except the Interview. SONY have been stubborn with getting rid of divisions that is no longer wanted in the marked. I don't think they will get rid of those who actually produce stuff people like. Sony have just turned those 18 wheelers back on track, even though it might swift to the wrong direction if something goes wrong. Sony needs the division to stay a float. i am not a big fan of monopoly either, cause then we loose all our options

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
alternine said:

Nah not gonna happen. The word Monopoly should come to mind. Its one of the reasons why Google didn't buy out Twitch Tv.

Nice clickbait title by the way lol

Why would this equal a comapny monopolising?

And I don't mean this in a rude way,  I genuinely want to know what I'm missing.

Buying Sony would not suddenly lead to Disney achieving "monopoly" status in any industry... Not sure what he's talking about.

RolStoppable said:
If Disney bought Sony, then Microsoft would be losing to Disney instead of Sony.

I understand why members of a video game-centric forum would be under the impression that Microsoft is losing to Sony, but the battle between Xbox and Playstation is a schoolyard scuffle compared to World War Operating System. Sony is no threat to Microsoft.

Landguy said:

I agree that one "analyst" would be a different thing, but the article nor the OP never used the word analyst.  It used the word "Source", thus the title "Rumor" vs "Analyst Said".

That makes it even less of a rumor!

Johnw1104 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
alternine said:

Nah not gonna happen. The word Monopoly should come to mind. Its one of the reasons why Google didn't buy out Twitch Tv.

Nice clickbait title by the way lol

Why would this equal a comapny monopolising?

And I don't mean this in a rude way,  I genuinely want to know what I'm missing.

Buying Sony would not suddenly lead to Disney achieving "monopoly" status in any industry... Not sure what he's talking about.

That's what I though but I only really know the very basics. Trying to dominate almost all of one market = bad. I thought there where some in depth laws I could learn.

so i'm seeing a trend. add rumor to a title and spread as much FUD as you want.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
so i'm seeing a trend. add rumor to a title and spread as much FUD as you want.

I agree, a site filled with speculations and conjecture, and someone bothered to tell everyone up front that the topic was just that.  Crazy isn't it?

It is near the end of the end....

Actually you know what.... I wouldn't mind some Disney/Pixar games exclusively available on the Ps4.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Landguy said:

What if Disney bought Sony????

The animated Mario movie that Sony have supposedly been in negotiations about would become a Disney thing. If indeed, the animated Mario movie ever becomes a thing.

If that happened I wouldn't purchase anything made by Sony. Disney can screw off.

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

Wii U + PS4 

Consoles>Mobile

Title should be something like Disney making move to allow possible acquisition in distant future. How big is Disney and would they have 30 billion in cash to spend?