By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer drops review scores, withdraws from Metacritic

It's a step into the right direction I guess. Review scores has caused lots of debates recently among the gaming community. We will see what happen in the future.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network

A correct decision for the right direction. Though I'm still a bit iffy on the recommendation badges, it seems way more inclusive than a score that can make or break a game.

curl-6 said:
GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:

It should be obvious, since EG underscores PS4 exclusives mostly, and having played them we know how crap their reviews were.

Of course, there also exists the possibility that maybe the games deserved their scores.

Which seems to be the one thing that people seem to argue against even though the score never impacts the way they enjoy or play the game, I still play games that are considered shitty by today's standards and Arin over at GG admitted he loved how bad Bullet Witch was, everyone knew what game was recived badly and deserved it but he still enjoyed how bad it was.

Agree with you on your previous point though, starting to see that same pattern of people agreeing with the new system all sharing the one common allegiance.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Thank god... The more crazy biased review sites that leave Metacritic, the better... Now if we can only get rid of Polygon and MetroGameCentral..

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I'm fine with that.

And for these that didn't understand what is happening I will give an example... EG score Destiny with a 8/10 and after that they couldn't stop to play the game that evolves more and more people each day and had to list it for the 2nd best game released in 2014 (behind just Mario Kart 8).

So reviews of games played at launch didn't show how strong and good the games are anymore.

I'm fine with the way some sites are updating the score after some time (6 months, 1 year, etc).

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
Thank god... The more crazy biased review sites that leave Metacritic, the better... Now if we can only get rid of Polygon and MetroGameCentral..

Why, because they disliked a game you liked?

DialgaMarine said:

Yeah I can't believe MGC is even accepted into Metacritic, they need to go.

Great move. More sites should follow suit imo

Bah, now I have to quote passages from their reviews to show their bias, instead of simply ridiculing their scores.
The 8/10 vs 9/10 squabbling will just be replaced by recommended / essential arguing.

I think the best one is still 1-10 score system as it gives you the clearest answer.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(