By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer drops review scores, withdraws from Metacritic

curl-6 said:
Fans of bad games rejoice, one less site to give them the lashing they deserve. ;)

Actually every gamer should be happy about this, a trash site will stop undeserved bashing of good games, or atleast not give undeserved scores to any game.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:
Fans of bad games rejoice, one less site to give them the lashing they deserve. ;)

Actually every gamer should be happy about this, a trash site will stop undeserved bashing of good games, or atleast not give undeserved scores to any game.

Fair enough I suppose; 8/10 for Destiny was ridiculous. Way too high.

m0ney said:
I have even less respect for that site now. Recommended, Essential and Avoid? That's all? What about the 6/10 and 7/10 games?
Anyway the reason I dislike that site is because sorry but half of its community seem to be halfwits - they post comments like 'Im excited.' and 'Cant wait.' and 'Love game series X.' Who the f cares? Post something interesting or funny or witty or don't post at all!

@ bolded - As the article says, they just won't receive a badge.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea, and the reasons behind the move seem solid. I think it will be interesting to see whether more sites eventually do the same. Whichever, I hope it works.

Good but I still will never take their advise. At least their filth will be kept off of metacritic.

m0ney said:
I have even less respect for that site now. Recommended, Essential and Avoid? That's all? What about the 6/10 and 7/10 games?

I'm guessing you haven't read their article. 

Around the Network

Interesting that those most in favour of this share a specific allegiance.

curl-6 said:

It should be obvious, since EG underscores PS4 exclusives mostly, and having played them we know how crap their reviews were.

GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:

It should be obvious, since EG underscores PS4 exclusives mostly, and having played them we know how crap their reviews were.

Of course, there also exists the possibility that maybe the games deserved their scores.

platformmaster918 said:
These seem like excellent changes and a vague review system I like. I normally read/watch the reviews without putting much weight in the scores anyway. A great example is Beyond: Two Souls. It got terrible scores but I didn't see anything they were saying as particularly off-putting for me and low and behold it ended up being one of my favorite games last gen!

Well, most of the scores it got were positive, actually.

curl-6 said:

Dat conspiracy! GAF is even worse, believe me.