By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer drops review scores, withdraws from Metacritic

So in other words.

"our readership is way down because instead of coming to the site they just go to metacritic for the score and we hope our readership will return"

Newsflash the readership doesn't come back :)

Around the Network

This is actually pretty good review model, i like it. Finally, they got rid of review score.

Never read reviews anyway, I just like watching random let's plays.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Interesting. No more 8/10 jokes on the EG comments section.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Fans of bad games rejoice, one less site to give them the lashing they deserve. ;)

Around the Network

I wonder how many more sites will go this route in reviewing games. I think it's a good change since scores can be arbitrary. The text is always more important than the final number.

A very welcomed change!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

They're on the right path imo, scores are one of the biggest flaws in the industry, I feel a verdict system of Avoid, Mediocre, Average, Good and Great should be what outlets go for as it covers everything and gives a much more accurate description then a score system that is flawed and scaled differently among outlets.

Good. I frequent EG for other things than reviews, since I generally find theirs lacking, but I like the change nevertheless.

I have even less respect for that site now. Recommended, Essential and Avoid? That's all? What about the 6/10 and 7/10 games?
Anyway the reason I dislike that site is because sorry but half of its community seem to be halfwits - they post comments like 'Im excited.' and 'Cant wait.' and 'Love game series X.' Who the f cares? Post something interesting or funny or witty or don't post at all!

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.