By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only person who thinks the characters in XCX look good?

In truth, when compared to how great character models can be, they look pretty bad. I still personally like them. Especially Elma. Hers actually looks really good. Obviously yes, you can change the avatars eyes, but the default eyes suck and make him look bad. Point is, the models aren't bad. But when compared to others (such as FF15's) , yes they are.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
SjOne said:
The poor character models are most likely what was compromised to fit the game on a 25GB disc

I don't think the problem is model's quality,It is the art design.

The chars could have 100k polygons and would still look "creepy".

Metallox said:

Xenoblade Chronicles looks that awful, yet people complain about Xeno X.

That picture is actually from the 3DS version. That was kind of cheating, spem.

I think they look great. I'm very happy with them. I understand what the others are talking about, but for me it's only the female party members that look a little too "doll-like". And even that I'm quickly getting used to, the more I see them. All of the male characters look great, in my opinion. I just don't get why people are obsessing so much about it. The faces in the original were the weakest part of the game, graphically, but it didn't hamper or hurt the experience or story-telling for me at all. This game won't be any different.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

HollyGamer said:
They look average for JRPG lover and it will look bad when non avid JRPG seeing it. The reason why people care more XCX then Xenoblade because Xenoblade is on Wii, so the character is not very detailed and most of people doesn't care for face detail because of the graphic capability, Unlike XCX where is not an excuse anymore with Wii U hardware where they expecting more. But i don.t care this game is my most wanted games for this year after FFXV and Persona 5 and the one that push me to get Wii U.

There's clearly a huge improvement between Chronicles and X faces. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

People are only bringing it up now, because of the outrageous amount of hype behind it. No one knew or cared about Xenoblade until well after release.

Honestly though, the faces shouldn't be the main fuss. It's just the most obvious.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

the_dengle said:

If it is, I couldn't tell, as they're pretty much identicle.

spemanig said:

You really can't tell?

the loli black haired girl looks like a creepy doll but the rest are okay I'd say, I actually like Elma.

spemanig said:
the_dengle said:

They are now, but not when Xenoblade 3D was revealed. Which is where that picture came from. Notice how the grass is gone in that image.