By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only person who thinks the characters in XCX look good?

Nem said:

It is simply that you dont want to understand the difference and definitly dislike it. The faces in DA look off to me. They look creepy to me in the way they shine, the pixelation looks, and they certainly move awkward. I'm sure that if you take a step back and understand that we dont all have the same opinions and in design there isnt a "right" opinion, you can realise that you can't be claiming it as a fact. Especially when one is trying to depict realistic faces and the other one isnt.

What you are describing in DA is the uncanny valley.  When depictions of humans get close to the real thing, it is the small details that can make or break how people view it.  Basically, you start to notice what is wrong with the face instead of all that is correct.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Materia-Blade said:

allright, in that case, you have to wait untill xenoblade releases and people make their exclusive avatars instead of default trailer models.

Still, you aren't taking artstyle into consideration.

why? Not only the ones i posted look bad , almost all of them look weird and i think they are weird because of the artstyle, ofcourse i am taking artstyle in consideration, the problem is artistic vision they used.

But i could care less , i just posted in the thread cause nem said some crazy things about da : i.

The ones you posted are generic default models. when the game releases, we'll see custom made ones that look much better.

Sure, you can dislike the artstyle. But many are misunderstanding that and think that xeno x characters are low quality when they simply aren't liking the aesthetic..

Thats not true. The silver haired model was created during the E3 treehouse. GAF also has shots of other custom avatars. They all maintain the same "style" even if you opt for smaller eyes.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

theRepublic said:
Nem said:

It is simply that you dont want to understand the difference and definitly dislike it. The faces in DA look off to me. They look creepy to me in the way they shine, the pixelation looks, and they certainly move awkward. I'm sure that if you take a step back and understand that we dont all have the same opinions and in design there isnt a "right" opinion, you can realise that you can't be claiming it as a fact. Especially when one is trying to depict realistic faces and the other one isnt.

What you are describing in DA is the uncanny valley.  When depictions of humans get close to the real thing, it is the small details that can make or break how people view it.  Basically, you start to notice what is wrong with the face instead of all that is correct.

May very well be. I know that the faces on LA Noir definitly looked very good for me and those are still the ones i think i like best. They looked really human in the expression because of team bondi's face tracking technology. I wish more realistic type games would use that.

Thank you for sharing that information by the way. Its very interesting.

Never seen them before so going to google image search..

Man, they look dire.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I think they are okay. The good looks terrific tho :) It is a day-one buy for me.

Around the Network

I think Charli XCX is good looking

SubiyaCryolite said:
Materia-Blade said:

The ones you posted are generic default models. when the game releases, we'll see custom made ones that look much better.

Sure, you can dislike the artstyle. But many are misunderstanding that and think that xeno x characters are low quality when they simply aren't liking the aesthetic..

Thats not true. The silver haired model was created during the E3 treehouse. GAF also has shots of other custom avatars. They all maintain the same "style" even if you opt for smaller eyes.

No, the silver haired avatar was a default option selected at the treehouse.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

This is bad and one aberration:

But this is a cool style anime face:

ok then...

What do you think of this one?