By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only person who thinks the characters in XCX look good?

people just dont like the faces ... and theres plenty of costumization.

overall from feet to head the characters look badass

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

They look horrible. But the environment is what counts and that looks gorgeous :D.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I thought Lynlee looked awful at first, and then it was confirmed that she's 13. It kind of fell into place after that, she just has a severe case of baby face.

Some of the other faces still look a bit odd to me but they all look much better than the Xenoblade character models.

the_dengle said:

I thought Lynlee looked awful at first, and then it was confirmed that she's 13. It kind of fell into place after that, she just has a severe case of baby face.

Some of the other faces still look a bit odd to me but they all look much better than the Xenoblade character models.

See? I get it if you didn't think the original Xenoblade models looked good, but I literally don't understand the shock if you did. They are clearly better versions of what was in XB. Like, there's not this overwhelming consensus that XB's characters "look like lifeless dolls." But all of a sudden, it's the case for XCX, which looks better? That's what legitimately confuses me.

spemanig said:

See? I get it if you didn't think the original Xenoblade models looked good, but I literally don't understand the shock if you did. They are clearly better versions of what was in XB. Like, there's not this overwhelming consensus that XB's characters "look like lifeless dolls." But all of a sudden, it's the case for XCX, which looks better? That's what legitimately confuses me.

I dunno, there seem to be a lot of people who see XB as a different 'style' or something. I think the lower resolution and polygons just hides a lot of the flaws. Like, since the faces are naturally blocky due to having fewer polygons, they look more defined and less 'smooth.'

I still think the new models look great, and I think you have a point about the canned animations.

Around the Network

No, you are not.

I still dont understand the complaints. Its like they can't compute that the world looks realistic but the characters are anime stylised. Seems to be a contradiction they can't overcome.

I mean, in the original the faces were merely a texture. Yet, we never saw this complaint. Its very hard not to interpret it as simply fan console wars.

I've seen plenty worse in JRPG's.

I think some of them look good, especially thier clothes. All alien races look good, just some human faces looking horrible.

Elma is nice.

I love the art style. The character models faces look like they are based on the Xenosaga trilogy. In this sense I'm delighted. You are not alone. I mean we might be in the minority, but I thoroughly enjoy it.

I think they look fine. That is with the understanding that they aren't meant to look realistic.