By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only person who thinks the characters in XCX look good?

I buy games EXCLUSIVELY for the faces. Gameplay? What the hell is that?

Around the Network

Game looks good but the character's faces don't. They strike me as the Japanese version of Biowares 7th gen NPCs.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Anfebious said:
They look bad, there is a severe lack of waifu material. That doesn't mean the game is going to suck but it's definitely not going to be as good as Xenoblade Chronicles.

This is so true, well except the part of Xenoblade Chronicles X being worse than the Wii game. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I've mostly refrained from commenting on X, since I know how much some people around here are hyped and touchy at the same time, but since you're asking, to be honest, at least to me, the whole game, from what I've seen so far, looks between bad and average...and those faces are by far the worst offenders.

I think they look fine. They are shooting for a Xenosaga art style, so I dig it.

Around the Network
Leadified said:
I haven't played Xenoblade but the character models looks alright, only one I don't like is the girl with black hair and the odd eyes, she kind of looks like a doll and kind of creeps me out.

She draws inspiration from MOMO Mizrahi.

I like the way the characters look. It keeps the anime feel of the game and fits with the environment. It allows for a bit more whimsy. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I dont think this will stop anyone from buying the game though. But yeah the characters look pretty bad imo.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I think it's the dull and realistic color pallete of the game's textures, coupled with the realistic character anatomy, that just doesn't blend well with the big eyes and doll faces of said characters, it just looks wrong, alien, wierd. I'd rather have XC faces just in HD. Hell, I'd even have KH cardboard faces rather than these, at least I can laugh at those.

I'm now filled with determination.

HoloDust said:
I've mostly refrained from commenting on X, since I know how much some people around here are hyped and touchy at the same time, but since you're asking, to be honest, at least to me, the whole game, from what I've seen so far, looks between bad and average...and those faces are by far the worst offenders.

They so far only showed of the exploration part of the game and the world looks fantastic. Yet you think it's bad and average based on that? Strange.

Did people complain this much about the ugly characters in Skyrim? Jeez.