By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only person who thinks the characters in XCX look good?

I'm think the models are fine.

Not perfect, but fine.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Leadified said:
I haven't played Xenoblade but the character models looks alright, only one I don't like is the girl with black hair and the odd eyes, she kind of looks like a doll and kind of creeps me out.

She draws inspiration from MOMO Mizrahi.

Had to do a Google search since I didn't know who that was, but good to know I suppose.

thatguymarco said:
I think it's the dull and realistic color pallete of the game's textures, coupled with the realistic character anatomy, that just doesn't blend well with the big eyes and doll faces of said characters, it just looks wrong, alien, wierd. I'd rather have XC faces just in HD. Hell, I'd even have KH cardboard faces rather than these, at least I can laugh at those.

It is just the XC faces in HD. They are the exact same art style. The only difference is the color pallet. 

give me some pics to look at and ill give you my opinion.

bananaking21 said:

The main complaint comes from the main character, who is customizable, so it shouldn't really matter.

Around the Network

I still think the characters look pretty shoddy. The environments and monsters look AMAZING though. Really impressive graphics.

Bad/ugly character designs don't put me off from playing a game but it's still a letdown to see that they have not improved much since the early trailers, IMHO.

@Post Above: Yeah, they are PS3'ish at best for me. The male characters look alright but the second to last chick has SUCH a GODDAMN derp face. Seriously.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Samus Aran said:
HoloDust said:
I've mostly refrained from commenting on X, since I know how much some people around here are hyped and touchy at the same time, but since you're asking, to be honest, at least to me, the whole game, from what I've seen so far, looks between bad and average...and those faces are by far the worst offenders.

They so far only showed of the exploration part of the game and the world looks fantastic. Yet you think it's bad and average based on that? Strange.

Did people complain this much about the ugly characters in Skyrim? Jeez.

Yeah, like I said...maybe I should've refrained from commenting this time too. :/

Let me type it again - at least to ME, and then goes from what I've seen SO FAR and then the game looks between bad and average. And honestly, some areas, like city, look plain terrible and there are few that look decent. So, no,  at least to me, it does not look fantastic. But you know, opinions and all that...

As for Skyrim...don't know...I'm guessing they would have if they were as ugly as in Oblivion...not sure why does it matters though considering this is not thread about Skyrim.

The girl is somehow cute but the dudes are generic as hell. It's a step back from Xenoblade.

Characters look pretty rough to me, but everything else looks great, so its easy to deal with

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

bananaking21 said: