By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ( Rumor ) A User With an Early Copy of The Order: 1886 Has Seemingly Beaten The Game in under 10 Hours

Even if it's 9 hours long, wtf happened to long games? lol. Back in the PS2 era, its seems like games were longer. Am I just forgetting about them because it's been so long? It really feels like most games back then were between 15-25 hours long. RPGs were like, if they were under 60, people bitched lol

Around the Network

Can anyone give a summary about lordlichtenstein? Why is everywhere “deleted“ wehre he posted? The op tells me he embarrassed himself publicly?

AlfredoTurkey said:
Even if it's 9 hours long, wtf happened to long games? lol. Back in the PS2 era, its seems like games were longer. Am I just forgetting about them because it's been so long? It really feels like most games back then were between 15-25 hours long. RPGs were like, if they were under 60, people bitched lol

Bad level design mostly. Lots of backtracking sections and copy & paste levels/corridors etc.

HollyGamer said:
Well it's just a rumor

Which has been disproven by the very person that people are using to decide the game is 5 hours long. He says it took him about 10 hours and it's a review copy. He's not going to be exploring as much as the average Joe so I'll probably take as much as 12 - 14 hours. My first playthough of TLOU was 23 hours while my second was 13 hours.

"It took me just over ten hours to finish the game. I’m sure there are some freaks on GAF who’ll manage to do a very quick playthrough, but I imagine most of you normal folks are going to fall along where I did."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/04/early-the-order-1886-player-debunks-rumor-on-five-hour-long-playthrough/

The PS5 Exists. 

Rafux said:
-No co-op
-No multiplayer
-QTEs up the ass
-"Cinematic experience" bullshit

I hope it flops and I'm a huge Sony fan

I seriously don't understand this logic. Yes, the game isn't for you, but clearly there's an audience for such a game. Why would you want it to flop just because it's not your cup of tea? Ever heard of God of War? It doesn't have 3/4 points you brought up and still was a great game. What about MGSIV? Haven't played it, but unless I'm mistaken, it was full of cutscenes, the gameplay lasted around 5 hours (there was a trophy/mission for that), and I assume there was no co=-op or multiplayer (haven't played it). 

Do we really need all the games to fit certain criteria of our own to deserve to do well? I just don't get it, man. 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

Back in the NES day games used to be much shorter. Some you could beat under an hour and others in 2-3 hours. You also really can't compare a shooter with an RPG. How long did it take people to beat MGS4, a game that, when it came out, was considered the best game ever with countless threads about its quality and praise by the critics? With this game, the gaming community decided to hate anything and everything about it and judge it unfairly. I don't know if it will end up being good, but I believe that even if it does, the reviewers will still hate it.

Play the game at easy, skip everything, run and kill run and kill, maybe you can beat UNCHARTED Games in less than 6 hours...it means nothing. Every time a new game come out, there is always a clever guy who run through the game like it was a racing game... DAY ONE for me.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Conegamer said:
What kind of game gives you half of the game to play before getting your first trophy?

Something is off here.

The Last of us did that. i was around 8 hours when i got my first trophy

Resident Evil can be beaten in under an hour. Most people can't do it in under 12, though... Although, to beat it in speeds like that, you'd have to know everything about it... which obviously can't be the case if you've just gotten the game...

Oh well... He clearly rushed through it, though. 4 hours is kinda short, but calling it 7 hours if you take your time with it makes it a bit better, right?

This thread grew quickly.

Its already gone longer than The Order.

This moderator has been moderated for trolling.

- Shinobi-san

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS