Forums - Sony Discussion - ( Rumor ) A User With an Early Copy of The Order: 1886 Has Seemingly Beaten The Game in under 10 Hours

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:
How is 10h short? It's a cinematic linear shooter, what were people expecting?. As much as I think this game will fail in reviews, the length shouldn't be held against it.

Will you buy this or Captain Toad?

I'm still struggling with Bayonetta 2, another "excellent" short game. No new short games for me until I finished that. But if it's about probabilities then it's probably 0% The Order and 20% CT.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

How is 10h short? It's a cinematic linear shooter, what were people expecting?. As much as I think this game will fail in reviews, the length should be the last thing that's held against it.

This. I was expecting 8-ish hours. 

He said it was longer than 5 hours...this is just another perfect example of the media trashing this game. Because its a Sony exclusive they're pretty much goal oriented towards making it look as bad as possible.

Intrinsic said:
It took me 19hrs to finish uncharted 1. I just recently saw a speed run of the game and it was completed in under 1hr.

A lot of the games out there can be completed in under 3hrs if that is what you specifically set out to do.

Do you really think someone that for whatever reason is one of the only people on planet earth that can play that game  wants to rush through it so he has the first speedrun record?

Even if it would have taken him 40h to complete it he would probably be the first speedrunner because there is no competition.

I would run around and check out every little detail (be it visials or secrets or whatever) in the game and not rush through it.

@ OP  Why does the thread title have under 10h and the thread itself under 5?

I haven't been paying attention. Was this a verified poster buy the Neogaf mods? Seems like something they would verify by now.

Around the Network

I will go to the beach right now.

Why does the length of the game matter anyway? I thought we had already decided that The Order: 1886 sucks.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

vivster said:

How is 10h short? It's a cinematic linear shooter, what were people expecting?. As much as I think this game will fail in reviews, the length should be the last thing that's held against it.

I was wondering that too... With games like TO:1886 i usually consider anything over 8 hours to be relatively long, and i'm fine with that. If i want something that takes up a lot of my time i'll just spend 10 hours ranting about how much of a grind fest FF14's relic quest is. Then spend 300 hours doing it.

WTF... Seeing deleted posts, snipped by request and a hell of a lot of other stuff.

Mine as well just wait until it comes out and get the facts then. Although 5 hours vs. 6-7 isn't that much of a difference. Both instances seem like a short game.

However, I think the game being short might not be it's biggest issue...

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

RolStoppable said:
Why does the length of the game matter anyway? I thought we had already decided that The Order: 1886 sucks.

No Rol, I thought the critics decided that. 

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY