By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ( Rumor ) A User With an Early Copy of The Order: 1886 Has Seemingly Beaten The Game in under 10 Hours

naruball said:
Rafux said:
-No co-op
-No multiplayer
-QTEs up the ass
-"Cinematic experience" bullshit

I hope it flops and I'm a huge Sony fan

I seriously don't understand this logic. Yes, the game isn't for you, but clearly there's an audience for such a game. Why would you want it to flop just because it's not your cup of tea? Ever heard of God of War? It doesn't have 3/4 points you brought up and still was a great game. What about MGSIV? Haven't played it, but unless I'm mistaken, it was full of cutscenes, the gameplay lasted around 5 hours (there was a trophy/mission for that), and I assume there was no co=-op or multiplayer (haven't played it). 

Do we really need all the games to fit certain criteria of our own to deserve to do well? I just don't get it, man. 

I hope it flops cause if it becomes a big success there will be more games like that: short, generic, no multiplayer options (even though it's a third person shooter and theres a team in-game), a game that wants to be a movie instead of a videogame. Vanquish at least was excelent, not generic and introduced new gameplay mechanics.

-GOW is a 3D hack and slash is normal to not have multiplayer options and it still was longer than 5 hours.

-MGS games have cut scenes and gameplay apart, they are longer than 5 hours and now have multiplayer.

Around the Network
Burek said:
Aerys said:
Very curious to see the reactions when an other TPS like quantum break will last less than 10h, i can bet we will smell hypocrisy compared to the order

It will last much longer, because it will have a live-action movie bundled with it.For all those that dislike the cinematic experience in The Order.

Im talking about the game, nothing says it will last longer , all those who dislike the cinematic experience in The Order would dislike QB, except if they just hate for no reason

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

- I didn't know there was an embargo. It was stupid of me to comment in this thread.

Aerys said:
Burek said:
Aerys said:
Very curious to see the reactions when an other TPS like quantum break will last less than 10h, i can bet we will smell hypocrisy compared to the order

It will last much longer, because it will have a live-action movie bundled with it.For all those that dislike the cinematic experience in The Order.

Im talking about the game, nothing says it will last longer , all those who dislike the cinematic experience in The Order would dislike QB, except if they just hate for no reason

I'm actually saying the same, in a slightly different way. But it's not the topic now, so I'll save my observation for the appropriate time and place. It will be an interesting topic, that's for sure.

Barkley said:

What's wrong with that? I completed my first playthrough of Uncharted 1 in about 7 hours and I somehow got lost for an hour of that and died repeatedly on some stupid platforming section. Aslong as it takes that long to complete it normally without trying to speedrun the thing to get a trophy then it's fine for me.

Nothing is wrong with that because it's been debunked.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197792&page=1#

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Rafux said:
naruball said:

- snip

I hope it flops cause if it becomes a big success there will be more games like that: short, generic, no multiplayer options (even though it's a third person shooter and theres a team in-game), a game that wants to be a movie instead of a videogame. Vanquish at least was excelent, not generic and introduced new gameplay mechanics.

-GOW is a 3D hack and slash is normal to not have multiplayer options and it still was longer than 5 hours.

-MGS games have cut scenes and gameplay apart, they are longer than 5 hours and now have multiplayer.

I'm not sure how you can call it generic when you haven't even played the final product. Beyond that, wishing for any game to flop shows a problem with you, not the property. Who cares if there are other games like it? Plenty of games won't be like it and you could easily ignore the ones that are similar (though, there aren't even that many games of this style, as is). It's like asking for a competing brand of cereal, that's successful, to cease production because it isn't your favorite kind and you don't want other companies to follow suit. Frankly, it's an ugly attitude to have.

Oh, and by the way, the 5 hour report has since been debunked (even by the guy who originally stated it), so at least if you're gonna be like that about it, keep up.

Stop being delusional, the order is generic as hell, all videos show it, people who play it agrees. I hope it flops because is a bad product not because I dont like it. I don't a fuck about racing games but I don't wish they stopt being made.

Rafux said:

Stop being delusional, the order is generic as hell, all videos show it, people who play it agrees. I hope it flops because is a bad product not because I dont like it. I don't a fuck about racing games but I don't wish they stopt being made.

Most people who played the 20 minute demo of a 10 hour+ game said they liked it. If you want to follow the narrative brought about by the media promoting all the negative feedback (most of it absolutely crap) then go ahead. I hope it sells well, and for more than one reason now.

The PS5 Exists. 

10hrs seems about average. I imagine it would be longer if you don't actually speed run through it and actually explore a bit.

I actually breathe and relax while gameplay...This is unnatural.

starcraft said:

This thread grew quickly.

Its already gone longer than The Order.

This moderator has been moderated for trolling.

- Shinobi-san

WTH moderator gets moderated? facepalm