By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Stock Booming Again! Up over $1.00 today...$2.66 yesterday

Hahahahahahaha, a Sony phone OS would tank harder than that a bad Johnny Depp movie directed my M. Night Shymalan.

Sony can't compete with Apple or Google or even Microsoft in that category, no point in even trying.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Soundwave said:

Hahahahahahaha, a Sony phone OS would tank harder than that a bad Johnny Depp movie directed my M. Night Shymalan.

Sony can't compete with Apple or Google or even Microsoft in that category, no point in even trying.

Hmmm...if every comeptitor thought like this, there'd be none. Fortunately, business doesn't work like that.

Picking a fight with a 300 pound, 6 foot 5 guy at the bar isn't a smartest idea. 

Sony needs to learn their place, and it sure as heck isn't competing head on with the likes of Apple. Unless they want to get beat down into oblivion. 

Sure "fans" think things like this is a good idea, but it's easy to say when you're not the one holding the tab for the cost of such a venture.

Soundwave said:
CGI-Quality said:

Hmmm...if every comeptitor thought like this, there'd be none. Fortunately, business doesn't work like that.

Picking a fight with a 300 pound, 6 foot 5 guy at the bar isn't a smartest idea. 

Sony needs to learn their place, and it sure as heck isn't competing head on with the likes of Apple. Unless they want to get beat down into oblivion. 

Sure "fans" think things like this is a good idea, but it's easy to say when you're not the one holding the tab for the cost of such a venture.

Like one person in this thread suggested that and you're using it as another excuse to attack Sony fans. I really don't understand your vendetta with Sony fans Soundwave. It's getting to be a bit silly. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

Call it what you want (though it makes total sense, given Microsoft makes peanuts on gaming), but it's an absolute outcome with an "unknown" sticky note attached to it. Thus, nobody can predict the outcome, no matter how well they think they know the market. 

they do?  show me...

Have we not seen their recent financials from the Xbox Division? Not really what the thread was about, anyway. Just made a comparison.

You are right.  Xbox division is still bleeding money even after all the years of heavy investment.  I'm also aware there is no official xbox division but people know what we mean. 

Their on their way back slowly but surely.

Mobile is a mixed beg, they make good products that sale well just not well enough. Cell sales has more to do with hype service partners then the quality of product.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:

You are right.  Xbox division is still bleeding money even after all the years of heavy investment.  I'm also aware there is no official xbox division but people know what we mean. 

show me.

hint, you're wrong.

Show me.

Hint,  I'm right. 

Xbox is a money sink whole.

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
kowenicki said:

show me.

hint, you're wrong.

Show me.

Hint,  I'm right. 

Xbox is a money sink whole.

whole? brilliant.

Nope. You arent.

I think we're done.  

You know somebody is wrong when they resort to pointing out typos.  That was my phones autocorrect not me.  

Yes we are done, xbox being a big financial loss stands uncorrected. 

Ps1 dominated 5th gen, was dominating 6th gen and Xbox releasing was a good idea? Then after being destroyed on that gen it made sense making a 7th gen entry.
Apple was almost dead, Sony dominated with walkman, it made sense they entering the market. Nokia and Motorola dominated phones with Sony-Erricsson, made sense Lg, Samsung and Apple to enter. Same on other eletronics. Nintendo dominated handheld, made sense making PSP. But aparentely it doesn't make sense for Sony to try a psphone with integrated OS.

Thank god these guys aren't CEO of big companies.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wait since when was VG charts about Stock shares and their prices?, I thought it was about games, sales and some talk of sales predictions, not accounting data and investors who probably don't play games at all buying the shares.

This must be what it feels like when you get really hard into a football team that you start looking up the managers own net worth to determine the success of the team alone.

That and it just feels like another one of those pointless things to brag about since we've already got the "Sony stocks are up", "Xbox is a money sink hole" tpye dicussions going on.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ssliasil said:
Sharpryno said:
I mean its certainly good for Sony. But they are still expecting a $1.4 billion $ loss for the fiscal year.

That loss is due to the restructuring costs :) thats why people are buying now, because the Restructure should help them bring in heavy profits int he future.

that's wishful thinking

outside of their video game department, there is almost no department that Sony is currently excelling in. they have massively lost market share in their traditionally powerful brand business (DVDs, TVs, other home electronics), have failed in the attempted phone market, etc. etc.

what you're not bearing in mind is that Sony is NOT just a video game company. in a perfect world you could just cut off a chunk of your business and keep it alive if it was doing well (i.e. Playstation), but in reality if Sony's other business sectors (which are fairly large and have debts) fail then it will be irregardless how well Playstation does

1 healthy flower in a bunch of dying ones is not necessarily going to save a garden. As some have mentioned too, stocks actually can jump like this from day to day for various reasons (its hardly unheard of). It's obviously surprising given how Sony stock has been for a while BUT the real key is for it to consistently go up for weeks or even months

that is exactly how people LOSE money, getting excited because of a few days with good gains on stock, investing, and then it dropped again suddenly. happens all the time