By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Stock Booming Again! Up over $1.00 today...$2.66 yesterday

Ssliasil said:
Sharpryno said:
I mean its certainly good for Sony. But they are still expecting a $1.4 billion $ loss for the fiscal year.

That loss is due to the restructuring costs :) thats why people are buying now, because the Restructure should help them bring in heavy profits int he future.

Aye, I believe the restructuring costs won't completely slide off the books until 2015-16, right?

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Ssliasil said:

That loss is due to the restructuring costs :) thats why people are buying now, because the Restructure should help them bring in heavy profits int he future.

Aye, I believe the restructuring costs won't completely slide off the books until 2015-16, right?

That depends entirely on how they restructure and/or sell their Mobile Division...Their T.V. division is finally making profits again after 10 years but the Mobile stuff is still hurting a bit. 

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

mornelithe said:
Kerotan said:
Somebody telling us we should have bought months ago in 3,2,1...

Kowen actually did state, months ago, that now was the time to buy.  So, I'll jump in for him.

Yeah a lot of people did. I don't buy stocks but my dad does.  He has long term investments with Microsoft and bought shares last year for Sony. I was advising him haha 

so they sell there online games division and stock explodes!!! what would happen if they ditched gaming altogether

Around the Network
seinsmeld said:
so they sell there online games division and stock explodes!!! what would happen if they ditched gaming altogether

Gaming is Sonys bread and butter atm :P  While I do agree that the sale of SoE was very odd, I also dont say this jump is because of that.

(It's actually because Sony updated its loss projections)

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

PwerlvlAmy said:
explode you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8vTHgVxiKM

Yeah, P.O.D rules. Great band.

OT: Great news for Sony shareholders (for those who bought before today) but stock market lives on hype and despair. Let's wait and see what the future will bring.

Dammit I wish i had bought stocks at rock bottom a few years ago like I wanted to...

Captain_Tom said:
Dammit I wish i had bought stocks at rock bottom a few years ago like I wanted to...

When they were at $17... yeah im mad at myself too lol

Just hit 26.00