By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Stock Booming Again! Up over $1.00 today...$2.66 yesterday

super6646 said:

Big deal? I've seen stocks up over 100% (granted mostly IPO's and RadioShack hype of surviving back in the summer). So anyway I don't call a biggy! Though they FINALLY made a profit, so at least they're not going bankrupt like most Xbox fanboy's (I'll admit I am one, look at my sig) say. And while Sony isn't the best company in the world, it gives Nintendo and Microsoft competition. If Sony wasn't here (or not in gaming) at E3 2013, the console gaming market would CRASH! I myself was unwilling to buy an Xbox One on those policies, and was a stone's throw away from going to PC gaming (yup, I hate it, but I'd do it)! So anyway good job Sony, and hopefully we can see you on a good track soon! Though for the publisher of the post, 10% isn't "exploding".  You want to even think about that, 40-50% uptick in one day, then I can agree (that much of a downturn would have a stock "imploding" XD).

10% gain is absolutely MASSIVE...those 100% gains you speak of usually only ever happen with penny stocks and companies that are bought out.

10% gains are rediculous...say you put $1000 down initially and gain 10% on that investment...you now have $100 more than you had initially. 

Invest a million...earn $100,000.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

Cool :D

explode you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8vTHgVxiKM

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Somebody telling us we should have bought months ago in 3,2,1...

Kerotan said:
Somebody telling us we should have bought months ago in 3,2,1...

Kowen actually did state, months ago, that now was the time to buy.  So, I'll jump in for him.

Around the Network

It just jumped again, its almost at +11%

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

It's not bad, but stocks can rise and fall daily. Where the impressiveness comes from is if it stays consistent for a quarter.

I mean its certainly good for Sony. But they are still expecting a $1.4 billion $ loss for the fiscal year.

BraLoD said:
Fluctuating over again, almost 11% now.

Just Hit 11.07%

Sharpryno said:
I mean its certainly good for Sony. But they are still expecting a $1.4 billion $ loss for the fiscal year.

That loss is due to the restructuring costs :) thats why people are buying now, because the Restructure should help them bring in heavy profits int he future.