By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Stock Booming Again! Up over $1.00 today...$2.66 yesterday

Wish i had the money the time when their stock was $11 a share.

Around the Network

It seems like it was not that long ago, that Nintendo had a higher market cap than Sony, and now Sony is about double the Market Cap of Nintendo.

kowenicki said:
Dr.Vita said:
10% increase is very good! Congratulation Sony.

not as good as the 50% I'm sitting on in less than 5 months...

I want a Kowen stock thread! Man has made me a nice chunk of change over past year or so.

Kowen is a frikkin' stock genius. Thanks man.

Market Cap now $26.29 Billion.

Up 34% since the Kaz One Sony speech.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
Barring anything crazy they should see stocks double or more this year. I saw a report a week or two ago, on how Playstation Vue could double there net worth from 23B to 46B. As Playstation Vue and Playstation Now arrive on more and more products, the stock will only climb higher.

As for the mobile buisness. People are to hastey on the sell button. Sony has finally turned around their TV division after years in the red. Kaz has already set in place measures to make Mobile profitable at the expense of market share. I think the best thing they could do with Mobile is roll it into SCE, and focus on a Playstation Phone and PSMobile OS. A handheld gaming phone along with the already great Xperia Z line would sell extreamly well to both gamers, and non gamers. With there own OS and PSN, they would rake in huge revenues and profits over the current buisness model. Right now they have to be profitable on the hardware, because once in consumers hands google gets the majority share of sales through googleplay.

Yeah but an own OS for playstation phone would just require the vita devision. They could sell their smarthphone devision for lots of money, keeping technology and patents then just came along with a vitaphone in the end.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:

Yeah but an own OS for playstation phone would just require the vita devision. They could sell their smarthphone devision for lots of money, keeping technology and patents then just came along with a vitaphone in the end.

Who would want it? They wouldn't really get much for it unless they can at least start to turn it around first, being a Japanese company really doesn't help with that either (all those employment laws and what not).

Vaoi was sold to some random japanese investment group called japanese industrials, they sure could find someone

Its going up again :D

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Glad to see it!

Just to clarify, however, 10% in a day (up or down) happens quite a bit during earnings season, so it isn't like this is completely out of the norm.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Congratz Sony !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.