By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Stock Booming Again! Up over $1.00 today...$2.66 yesterday

Good for Sony. Not really too bothered about this tbh.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Ruler said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:

Yeah but an own OS for playstation phone would just require the vita devision. They could sell their smarthphone devision for lots of money, keeping technology and patents then just came along with a vitaphone in the end.

Who would want it? They wouldn't really get much for it unless they can at least start to turn it around first, being a Japanese company really doesn't help with that either (all those employment laws and what not).

Vaoi was sold to some random japanese investment group called japanese industrials, they sure could find someone

Random?  You need to investigate what exaclty JIG is.  Mobile could do similar I suppose, for a pittance.  Its worthless as it stands, they certaibnly couldnt sell if for "lots of money".  And Vita phone with their own Vitaphone OS?  what the!? lol

Why not, apple makes their own smatphones with their own OS, so why shouldnt sony do the same making a game centric smartphone like xperia play but with playstation eco system, going into their pockets.

kowenicki said:

The challenge now is to move it on to some more decent profit levels, rather than the historical tight margins and modest profts of Sony.  Thats not acceptable these days and the stock will flatline in the future if it doersnt produce those profits and dividends.

Would you say they're heading in the right direction, to that end?  Or are they still not out of the woods?  And my memories a tad fuzzy, it's the end of the 2015/16 fiscal cycle when the whole restructuring process slides off the books, right?  Or did I get the dates wrong?

kowenicki said:
mornelithe said:

Would you say they're heading in the right direction, to that end?  Or are they still not out of the woods?  And my memories a tad fuzzy, it's the end of the 2015/16 fiscal cycle when the whole restructuring process slides off the books, right?  Or did I get the dates wrong?

Its the current FY for the major stuff.

Next FY will see a proper profit.

Cool, ty Sir.

Keep this boat going.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Good news.

kowenicki said:
Ruler said:

Why not, apple makes their own smatphones with their own OS, so why shouldnt sony do the same making a game centric smartphone like xperia play but with playstation eco system, going into their pockets.

Apple has a whole ecosystem based around that OS and store.

Sony doesnt... and Sony isnt Apple.

A Sony only OS on their mobile would mean instant death for their mobile.

Tbf it's not actually a bad idea, if they had an OS similar to the ps4 it would be a nice set up,the only thing that would hold it back slightly would be the lack of support for apps, but that comes with time, like the lumia phones they still have a lack of support in the app store but it is getting to ios and andriod lvl

It is a far fetched idea but a possible one non the less 

Ka-pi96 said:

I wish I had some money to buy some. I remember Kowen recommending buying it months ago, it seems he was absolutely right!

SNE dividends and yields are terrible, so unless you were going to sit around and track to flip, it would be a poor investment. You'd get better returns from investing GE or other similarly priced companies.

Also I'd be careful of a sell-off in the near term depending on what they do with the struggling mobile arm. If they start cutting forecasts you'll see a sell-off and drop in value, and then a pick-up once they sell the arm off. I wouldn't recommend investing in SNE at current unless you have clairvoyant superpowers.

Vena said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I wish I had some money to buy some. I remember Kowen recommending buying it months ago, it seems he was absolutely right!

SNE dividends and yields are terrible, so unless you were going to sit around and track to flip, it would be a poor investment. You'd get better returns from investing GE or other similarly priced companies.

Also I'd be careful of a sell-off in the near term depending on what they do with the struggling mobile arm. If they start cutting forecasts you'll see a sell-off and drop in value, and then a pick-up once they sell the arm off. I wouldn't recommend investing in SNE at current unless you have clairvoyant superpowers.

good, because once a company starts appealing to investors first and consumers later it's only going down for them in the long run. want to make money with investing...? do it the hard way by predicting trends sooner than others do.

kowenicki said:
Ruler said:

Apple has a whole ecosystem based around that OS and store.

Sony doesnt... and Sony isnt Apple.

A Sony only OS on their mobile would mean instant death for their mobile.

- and apple isnt nokia what is that for a logic? 

- sony has an eco system, vita can play every psp and ps1 game. It would easily transform into more than gaming if they would open it up to devolope apps bye veryone.

-i said they should sell their mobile department then make playstation phone with their vita devision. The vita sold 10 million units, that is a lot if it would be a smartphone model. A lot of japanese people game on their iphone, a closed system by apple. A playstation phone could take that marketshare back by sony who is a japanese company.