By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 and XBO have already break the Peak?

 

When XBO/PS4 will break the peak?

2014 1 11.11%
 
2015 2 22.22%
 
2016 3 33.33%
 
2017 0 0%
 
after 3 33.33%
 
Total:9

The systems that failed to grow substantially, or at all, YoY between year 1 and 2 all got significant price cuts in year 1. I can see PS4 selling at roughly the same level as 2014 through 2015 until there is a price cut. Bring in a $50 price cut, or even a $100 price cut and PS4 will end the year substantially higher than 2014. If a price cut is in effect from mid-October on then adding Uncharted 4 to the mix could potentially cause holiday 2015 to sell double PS4's holiday 2014.

If Sony decides to be tight-fisted and does not officially cut the price this year, then yes 2015 could be a flat or even marginally down year. But that only means 2016 will be a massive year because Sony would cut the price of PS4 by $100 (for sure) some time in the first half (probably) of 2016.

I expect Xb one sales to be up through the first 10 months of the year, because price of entry is $150 cheaper from Jan to May, and from June to Oct it's $50 cheaper. I also expect MS to do another "holiday" price cut of $50 (globally this time) which will magically turn into a permanent price cut in Jan 2016. I expect Xb one to stay at $299 in the USA for all of 2016. I can't see them dropping to $249 (temporarily or permanently) until 2017.



“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

 

Around the Network

x1 yes. PS4 no. With that market share it will grow with friends and of course with more great exclusives and Japan finally catching on (even more Japanese exclusives). PS4 will peak when it has a $300 price cut.




Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Ryng_Tolu said:
XBOX is increase by 4% first to second year.

XB360 is increase by 10% first to second year.

Now, for XBO are Coming:

Titanfall, Forza 5-horizon 2, Sunset overdrive, Halo MCC, Dead rising 3...XBO has already the games.

This year will Coming just Halo 5, and for test of year XBO not have games...

Gears will probabily Coming in 2016, Tom Raider and Quantum Break are not Sistem seller...also the price is down by 150$.

imo XBO sales will be a succes if will be like last year.

At bolded Xbox 360 had a bigger increase because it had a weaker launch and was exponetioanlly growing as a brand. Remember in 2005 xbox 360 was not a big thing and was expected to be destroyed by the PS3. Riding of the success of 360, X1 had a bigger launch and therefore its harder for it to show huge growth YOY although I expect we'll see a much bigger increase Q2/Q3.

As for Software: 
Q1/Q2:
Evolve ( Next gen exclusive), Battlfield , Dying Light (NG exclusive), Dead island, Witcher 3(NG exclusive), Mortal Combat X and Arkham Knight(NG exclusive), Elderscrolls Online (NG exclusive) >>>> Titanfall (cross gen), Thief (cross gen) and Watchdogs (cross gen)

Q3/Q4:  
Halo 5 alone probably >>>> Halo MCC+ Forza Horizon 2+ Sunset Overdrive

seriously though Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Fable, Quantum break, Star Wars, Tekken 7, The Devision, Hitman, next gen black Ops, AC and plenty more to be announced>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  xbox holiday 2014. 

Time and time again it feels like we need to reinstate that the 3rd party releases are the major reasons for hardware selling and this year unlike last, 3rd parties are abandoning ps3 and 360, and their releases are looking far more frequent.



teigaga said:

At bolded Xbox 360 had a bigger increase because it had a weaker launch and was exponetioanlly growing as a brand. Remember in 2005 xbox 360 was not a big thing and was expected to be destroyed by the PS3. Riding of the success of 360, X1 had a bigger launch and therefore its harder for it to show huge growth YOY although I expect we'll see a much bigger increase Q2/Q3.

As for Software: 
Q1/Q2:
Evolve ( Next gen exclusive), Battlfield , Dying Light (NG exclusive), Dead island, Witcher 3(NG exclusive), Mortal Combat X and Arkham Knight(NG exclusive), Elderscrolls Online (NG exclusive) >>>> Titanfall (cross gen), Thief (cross gen) and Watchdogs (cross gen)

Q3/Q4:  
Halo 5 alone probably >>>> Halo MCC+ Forza Horizon 2+ Sunset Overdrive

seriously though Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Fable, Quantum break, Star Wars, The Devision, Hitman, next gen black Ops, AC and plenty more to be announced>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  xbox holiday 2014. 

Time and time again it feels like we need to reinstate that the 3rd party releases are the major reasons for hardware selling and this year unlike last, 3rd parties are abandoning ps3 and 360, and their releases are looking far more frequent.

Forza gets dimishing returns as it comes out every year.  If PS4 gets a price cut?  Well as a New Yorker would say "forgat abatat!"




Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

PS Vita and3DS are where they are because they are not phones. Sony and Nintendo made a massive mistake by not allowing them to make phone calls, and text. Vita could have done much better had they offered the 3G model on more carriers, and would be selling extremely well if they had a 4G Vita Phone on the market today.

WiiU is a PS3/360 competitor wheter people want to admit it or not. With weak hardware, and no support it has no reason to be bought outside of the hardcore Nintendo base.

PS4 and XBO are both quite current pieces of tech which have no competition on the market. They are the only place to get next gen games and get rid of every other device under the TV. They will only continue to get more and more gaming and non gaming content and software. Wth price drops and revisions, these will be two of the best selling consols of all time.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
teigaga said:

At bolded Xbox 360 had a bigger increase because it had a weaker launch and was exponetioanlly growing as a brand. Remember in 2005 xbox 360 was not a big thing and was expected to be destroyed by the PS3. Riding of the success of 360, X1 had a bigger launch and therefore its harder for it to show huge growth YOY although I expect we'll see a much bigger increase Q2/Q3.

As for Software: 
Q1/Q2:
Evolve ( Next gen exclusive), Battlfield , Dying Light (NG exclusive), Dead island, Witcher 3(NG exclusive), Mortal Combat X and Arkham Knight(NG exclusive), Elderscrolls Online (NG exclusive) >>>> Titanfall (cross gen), Thief (cross gen) and Watchdogs (cross gen)

Q3/Q4:  
Halo 5 alone probably >>>> Halo MCC+ Forza Horizon 2+ Sunset Overdrive

seriously though Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Fable, Quantum break, Star Wars, The Devision, Hitman, next gen black Ops, AC and plenty more to be announced>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  xbox holiday 2014. 

Time and time again it feels like we need to reinstate that the 3rd party releases are the major reasons for hardware selling and this year unlike last, 3rd parties are abandoning ps3 and 360, and their releases are looking far more frequent.

Forza gets dimishing returns as it comes out every year.  If PS4 gets a price cut?  Well as a New Yorker would say "forgat abatat!"

Forza isn't important lol. PS4 could steal some of X1 momentum and sales would still be up YOY. And you know what microsoft is like, if PS4 gets a pricecut expect an X1 price cut or an X1+10 games bundle -_-



no

no fighting games fan or rpgs fan needs a PS4 yet, only after those games come the console will have peaked
This year could be the peak year because of all the big exclusives that will be coming like bloodborne or metal gear or uncharted. but I don't think PS4 will begin to decline until after Final Fantasy XV IS released, then they may need cheaper consoles, slim desings to keep selling as well.

the people who love COD, Fifa, Ass Creed probably already have a PS4. Many people who buy consoles for GTA probably don't own a PS4 yet because they didn't feel the need to buy a console for a remaster.



No. I do not agree with you. at all.

And your theory is horrendously flawed cause not only have you somehow managed to ignore all the facts that would disprove it, you have somehow managed to base it all on the worst possible examples.

Case in point? You talk so much about handhelds, then just somehow not mention smartphones. Smart phones are the sole reason handheld sales have crashed, they are as direct competitors as they can be. What is the direct competitor for consoles that would result in its crash? And if you don't know why the WiiU was and is failing, then you really shouldn't have made this thread to begin with.



Intrinsic said:
No. I do not agree with you. at all.

And your theory is horrendously flawed cause not only have you somehow managed to ignore all the facts that would disprove it, you have somehow managed to base it all on the worst possible examples.

Case in point? You talk so much about handhelds, then just somehow not mention smartphones. Smart phones are the sole reason handheld sales have crashed, they are as direct competitors as they can be. What is the direct competitor for consoles that would result in its crash? And if you don't know why the WiiU was and is failing, then you really shouldn't have made this thread to begin with.

What kind of competition do consoles have? PC. I'm exclusive to consoles. But it is certainly a growing segment.



aLkaLiNE said:

What kind of competition do consoles have? PC. I'm exclusive to consoles. But it is certainly a growing segment.

Get real. No one, not a single person, will walk into a store with $350-$400 to spend on a gaming console, then walk out with a PC. as much as there are those that like to act like that isn't the case, we are talking about two very different markets here.

No one, would spend hours doing research on that new $400 GPU to put into an already existing PC rig, then decide to toss their PC aside and buy a console instead. The PC market has always been there. 

With PCs and consoels we are talking about two completely different price brackets. the advantages and disadvantages of each platform completely contradicts and feeds off each other.