By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 and XBO have already break the Peak?

When XBO/PS4 will break the peak?

2014 1 11.11%

2015 2 22.22%

2016 3 33.33%

2017 0 0%

after 3 33.33%

Total:9

I want make this thread because i noted that the console market is seriusly change...

Why i think so?

Easy.

Much people say that 3DS sell "bad" because isn't increase 2011 to 2012-2013.

In the US the Peak year was 2011 and in Japan 2012.

But it is because 3DS or because the market?

See PS VITA. What is the Peak year? 2012!!!

First was the Peak year, and usually a Sony console have a Huge Boost in the second year... but vita is dropped.

And we want talk about Wii U?

Usually N console have a 40% increase in the second year...(worst scenario was GC with +30%).

And Wii U? Wii U is rise by just 10%!!!

So, we have:

3DS up by 5% first to second year. (DS +100%!!!)

Wii U up by 10% first to second year (Wii +45%!!!)

Vita down first to second year...

What is the sense of this thread?

That probabily even PS4 and XBO have already break the Peak...

Usually a MS console have a 5 to 10 % increase first to second year, so, we have MASSIVE probabily that this year XBO will be down like Vita.

PS console usually have 30% increase first to second year... so, maybe this year PS4 will increase by 10-15% as Wii U? Or maybe will be down!?

I dunno, but don't expect big increase for PS4 and XBO.

Also, i make a prediction.

Next gen (9 gen) all console will break the Peak in the first year.

Did you agree with me?

EDIT: much people not understand the sense of this thread. i'm NOT predict PS4 and XBO down this year, i just say that probabily will have a poor increase and is not impossible that have already break the peak.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

First was the Peak year, and usually a Sony console have a Huge Boost in the second year... but vita is dropped.

That's because Vita is Vita. PS4 will be up. X1 is hard to tell.

You really think the PS4 will suffer the Wii syndrome even quicker with all the support its getting? Hahahahahahahahaha

Roronaa_chan said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

That's because Vita is Vita. PS4 will be up. X1 is hard to tell.

And 3DS is 3DS?

And Wii U is Wii U?

I agree that this year PS4 will be up, but Not like PS3 and PS2... And imo 2015 will be peak.

SjOne said:
You really think the PS4 will suffer the Wii syndrome even quicker with all the support its getting? Hahahahahahahahaha

No seriusly.

Have you read the thread?

Around the Network

-Ps4 still didn't do any big price cut
-Cross-gen games affected ps4 and x1
-They didn't release they biggest first party games

So no it's not the peak year

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

This year is the peak year. I agree that generations (including this one) will be more front-loaded than before, but not to the degree you think.

small44 said:
-Ps4 still didn't do any big price cut
-Cross-gen games affected ps4 and x1
-They didn't release they biggest first party games

So no it's not the peak year

- ok

- cross gen have always sold better on next gen, and usually for the people don't cont if Coming on od gen.

- The Best ss for 3DS was MH and Pokemon in Japan, but it is don Yoy. Also Wii U with MK8 and Smash is increase by just 10%...

Also:

-XBO is down 500 to 350 $ last year

- PS4 Hype of launch is Ending.

No, both will be up this year theres no question. Just look at the software we're about to recieve and the baseline's we're at. Comparably last year software was very weak, the systems sold off hype for the first 6 months. Jan might be down a bit for PS4 but thats expected.

Vita peaking in launch year coincided directly with the amount of big games it received. Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Persona 4, Assassins Creed Unity, COD...

2016 will likely be the peak year for both systems assuming they get a price cut and the software line up is at least on par with 2015. In comparison to previous generations that would still equate to a slight more front loaded peak. 

Ryng_Tolu said:

I want make this thread because i have note that the console market is seriusly change...

Why i think so?

Easy.

Much people said that 3DS sell "bad" because isn't increase 2011 to 2012-2013.

In the US the Peak year was 2011 and in Japan 2012.

But it is because 3DS or because the market?

See PS VITA. What is the Peak year? 2012!!!

And we want talk about Wii U?

Usually N console have a 40% increase in the second year...(worst scenario was GC with +30%).

And Wii U? Wii U is rise by just 10%!!!

So, we have:

3DS up by 5% first to second year. (DS +100%!!!)

Wii U up by 10% first to second year (Wii +45%!!!)

Vita down first to second year...

What is the sense of this thread?

That probabily even PS4 and XBO have already break the Peak...

Usually a MS console have a 5 to 10 % increase first to second year, so, we have MASSIVE ptobabily that this year XBO will be down like Vita.

PS console usually have 30% increase first to second year... so, maybe this year PS4 will increase by 10-15% as Wii U? Or maybe will be down!?

I dunno, but don't expect big increase for PS4 and XBO.

Also, i make a prediction.

Next gen (9 gen) all console will break the Peak in the first year.

Did you agree with me?

So we have to wait 6 years or more to necro this thread  to see if your 9th gen prediction comes true , I hope your still here.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot