By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 and XBO have already break the Peak?

When XBO/PS4 will break the peak?

2014 1 11.11%

2015 2 22.22%

2016 3 33.33%

2017 0 0%

after 3 33.33%

Total:9

NPD up.
Finalally we have the first REAL number's of the year, and not estimate...
XBO: up by 7%. Meh... this increase is not so good, 500$ VS 350$... I also sure that if it was at 400$ it was dropped YOY.

PS4: -30%... Just bad... Yeah, It is still at 400$, but still...

Around the Network

What? No.... This shouldn't even have to be explained..

Ryng_Tolu said:
NPD up.
Finalally we have the first REAL number's of the year, and not estimate...
XBO: up by 7%. Meh... this increase is not so good, 500$ VS 350$... I also sure that if it was at 400$ it was dropped YOY.

PS4: -30%... Just bad... Yeah, It is still at 400$, but still...

Its one month...and ps4 is near 20 miill without a price cut...ps3, 360, wii all gotm cuta and were cheaper by there second holiday causing boosts. Stop overreacting, facts are lost on many. OS course ps4 would be down selling at such a fast rate, reaching saturation faster, and still is 399, tjhat will change when the price drops,

Anyone who takes one month as a trend is a fool.

Surprise mutherfuker!!!

Both PS4 and XBO down in the US.
XBO down even at the 150$ pricedrop, and PS4 down even with two important exclusives released.

Both will be down this year!? Too soon...
I still think that both will be up, but this thread is not silly as the people think.....

Ryng_Tolu said:

Surprise mutherfuker!!!

XBO down even at the 150$ pricedrop, and PS4 down even with two important exclusives released.

I still think that both will be up, but this thread is not silly as the people think.....

And yet ps4 > xbox one + Wii U without considering that ps4 is the only one without a price cut and the most expensive console for now.  It can be seen as both ways, negative and positive, you concentrate on the negative, I see the positive.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Surprise mutherfuker!!!
VIDEO

And yet ps4 > xbox one + Wii U without considering that ps4 is the only one without a price cut and the most expensive console for now.  It can be seen as both ways, negative and positive, you concentrate on the negative, I see the positive.

Of course.

PS4 is still beasting, even if is down YOY, never say no.

Even if PS4 will be down YOY (and as i said, too soon to predict now), will still sell at the insanity level.

Under 14,000,000 is not bad.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Angelv577 said:

Of course.

Even if PS4 will be down YOY (and as i said, too soon to predict now), will still sell at the insanity level.

Well yes, that's the current picture but there are things that we don't now for example a price cut, what Sony plans to do to replace uncharted 4.  Now if Sony plan to keep the console at $400 without a game in the same caliber as uncharted, I see a huge decline compare to last year.

Angelv577 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Of course.

Well yes, that's the current picture but there are things that we don't now for example a price cut, what Sony plans to do to replace uncharted 4.  Now if Sony plan to keep the console at $400 without a game in the same caliber as uncharted, I see a huge decline compare to last year.

My prediction was ~16,000,000/17,000,000 PS4 this year.

But this was before Uncarted delayed... so, now my prediction is ~15,000,000. A 50$ pricedrop during September/November will still do up PS4 during the holiday imo.

Xbox One had a very bad 2014 until holidays.... you will notice much better April, May, June, July and August in 2015.

With Halo 5, Forza 6 and Rise of the Tomb raider coming out this holiday ..... Xbox one will outsell last year numbers. 2015 is probably going to be the peak year for Microsoft.

Look at the following thread even the PS4 is doing better. With the release of Witcher 3 and Batman big AAA titles these numbers should be improving compare to last year.

Xbox sales thread - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197408&page=1

PS4 sales thread - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197706&page=1

yvanjean said:
Xbox One had a very bad 2014 until holidays.... you will notice much better April, May, June, July and August in 2015.

With Halo 5, Forza 6 and Rise of the Tomb raider coming out this holiday ..... Xbox one will outsell last year numbers. 2015 is probably going to be the peak year for Microsoft.

Look at the following thread even the PS4 is doing better. With the release of Witcher 3 and Batman big AAA titles these numbers should be improving compare to last year.

Xbox sales thread - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197408&page=1

PS4 sales thread - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197706&page=1

VGChartz numbers undertracked XBO last year (and even by a lot, some like nearly 200,000 undertracked just in US...).

XBO is down YOY as for now in the most important market.

2014: 710,000

2015: 660,000

And the situation is probabily even worse in Europe because XBO is still at 400€.

VGChartz numbers = nothing.

Aloso, another thing. Watch_Dogs + Destiny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Witcher 3 + Batman