By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Non-Pewdiepie youtubers about the Nintendo Youtube program

Since the last time people defended Nintendo by attacking Pewdiepie as a spoiled brat who doesn't do Nintendo videos anyway, I thought I'd share what other prominent youtubers have to say.

Jim Sterling

View on YouTube

Dodger (starts at 7:35)

View on YouTube

TotalBiscuit

View on YouTube

Machinima

View on YouTube

Pat the NES Punk

View on YouTube

Boogie2988

View on YouTube

To sum it up, the basic complaint apart from the lost revenue is Nintendo's control over content. Since every video to be monetized has to be reviewed by Nintendo first with them being free to refuse any video on their terms. Essentially giving them the power to block criticism completely.

Jim made a great point in that if EA or Ubisoft had created such a program the outrage would be all over the place while Nintendo gets a free pass mostly. And indeed it would be a grim prospect if other big publisher would follow their example.

If you have any more videos from other youtubers, feel free to post them and I'll add them to the OP.

@the supporters of this program

I challenge you to find me one unbiased youtuber who is in favor of this program. I will put it in the OP as well.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Does Nintendo get a free pass though? Cause from what a lot of youtubers are telling me, they are against it.

Either ways, its in Beta and I think its a step in the right direction but they do need to revise it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Does Nintendo get a free pass though? Cause from what a lot of youtubers are telling me, they are against it.

Either ways, its in Beta and I think its a step in the right direction but they do need to revise it

Maybe they're getting a free pass because people keep saying that it's a step in the right direction.

How is it a step in the right direction if the very first step is followed by massive backlash? One might think that if people hate the direction that you're going you better do a 180 and run in that direction instead. It worked for Microsoft.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Maybe they're getting a free pass because people keep saying that it's a step in the right direction.

How is it a step in the right direction if the very first step is followed by massive backlash? One might think that if people hate the direction that you're going you better do a 180 and run in that direction instead.

Would you rather have them monetize all ads and not give the youtubers a penny like how they are doing before this program?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

How is it a step in the right direction if the very first step is followed by massive backlash? One might think that if people hate the direction that you're going you better do a 180 and run in that direction instead.

Would you rather have them monetize all ads and not give the youtubers a penny like how they are doing before this program?

You can't say something is good simply based on the fact that it could be worse. "Sorry about your headache, but would you rather have AIDS?"

We'd rather them leave youtubers alone like every other major publisher. If EA aren't even low enough to do it you know you're doing something wrong.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

The blonde girl is very cute! (Not as cute as me though..)

OT: Screw you Nintendo, comply with these peasants, give them what they want already.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I mean if they dind't want full playthroughs of their games on youtube that would be sort of understandable, but apparently this applies to everything with nintendo footage in it, meaning reviews, trailers or whatever.
And especially with reviews this is beyond stupid....

Well i guess this will result in less nintendo content on the web, resulting in less coverage for nintendo. They seem to be working really hard on not letting people know their products exist.

What's next are they going to bann thier games from twitch or take a share of websites like ign for having nintendo screenshots and the like in their articles?

ArchangelMadzz said:
Captain_Yuri said:

You can't say something is good simply based on the fact that it could be worse. "Sorry about your headache, but would you rather have AIDS?"

We'd rather them leave youtubers alone like every other major publisher. If EA aren't even low enough to do it you know you're doing something wrong.

How is this worse... From not willing to give any money from the ads, they are now willing to give money from the ads... That's clear progress... All youtubers have to do now is continue to whine like they have always done and Nintendo will revise it once again and do it to the Youtuber's liking since it is in the Beta. And not to mention that a company like Sega is much worse cause they have known to shutdown entire youtube channels just for showing their games

ArchangelMadzz said:
Captain_Yuri said:

You can say it's good when that's the alternative, either accept the program or go out and get a job like everyone else, companies like Atlus, Sega and Square don't even offer such programs and just take everything, this is a step in the right direction because it'll allow a majority of Youtubers to join with out the need of high minimum requirement barriers to join groups like machinma to have access to such programs while here anyone can join.

These youtubers are making money off of Nintendo's content. It is Nintendor's decision on what to do with the ad rev. If it wasn't for Nintendo, those youtubers would be doing different things. Yes, I think it is a step in the right direction. However, it is Nintendo's money and decision. I think people need to let this go and seriously stop.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]