By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Non-Pewdiepie youtubers about the Nintendo Youtube program

It's pretty shit. Never cared for Pewdiepie but he articulated his thoughts well and he's right.

As for whether this is a step backwards or forwards, it's a sidestep. It's a deeper commitment to a stupid program. The only way to step forward from here is to first do a complete 180.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Does Nintendo get a free pass though? Cause from what a lot of youtubers are telling me, they are against it.

Either ways, its in Beta and I think its a step in the right direction but they do need to revise it

Maybe they're getting a free pass because people keep saying that it's a step in the right direction.

How is it a step in the right direction if the very first step is followed by massive backlash? One might think that if people hate the direction that you're going you better do a 180 and run in that direction instead.

Would you rather have them monetize all ads and not give the youtubers a penny like how they are doing before this program?

I would rather have them do what most other publishers are doing. Embracing youtube instead of treating it like their enemy.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wyrdness said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

You can't say something is good simply based on the fact that it could be worse. "Sorry about your headache, but would you rather have AIDS?"

We'd rather them leave youtubers alone like every other major publisher. If EA aren't even low enough to do it you know you're doing something wrong.

You can say it's good when that's the alternative, either accept the program or go out and get a job like everyone else, companies like Atlus, Sega and Square don't even offer such programs and just take everything, this is a step in the right direction because it'll allow a majority of Youtubers to join with out the need of high minimum requirement barriers to join groups like machinma to have access to such programs while here anyone can join.

No you cannot, that is illogical you need to have standards. The worst thing about this is the content control, Nintendo being able to allow which videos can be published and which ones cannot. Those companies are awful aswell, this isn't a step in the right direction.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Pat The NES Punk
http://youtu.be/NsYYOpGk0yY

I don't know how Nintendo game footage videos were handled before this program started but Pat stresses the fact that Nintendo and other entities own their content and can legally do whatever they want with it. He also thinks it's a good thing because the details on using the footage in videos was not clear before (I think he also claimed Nintendo wanted to take all the revenue in some cases?) but then again, he took a lot of jabs at Nintendo.

.- -... -.-. -..

Anfebious said:
The blonde girl is very cute! (Not as cute as me though..)

OT: Screw you Nintendo, comply with these peasants, give them what they want already.

See, this is the kind of levelheadedness Nintendo needs right now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I don't know any of those lol.

If it was M.Productions, The Game Theorists, The Game Direct or GameXplain then I would listen.

Captain_Yuri said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

You can't say something is good simply based on the fact that it could be worse. "Sorry about your headache, but would you rather have AIDS?"

We'd rather them leave youtubers alone like every other major publisher. If EA aren't even low enough to do it you know you're doing something wrong.

How is this worse... From not willing to give any money from the ads, they are now willing to give money from the ads... That's clear progress... All youtubers have to do now is continue to whine like they have always done and Nintendo will revise it once again and do it to the Youtuber's liking since it is in the Beta. And not to mention that a company like Sega is much worse cause they have known to shutdown entire youtube channels just for showing their games

Please read my comment again as you clearly misunderstood.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Would you rather have them monetize all ads and not give the youtubers a penny like how they are doing before this program?

I would rather have them do what most other publishers are doing. Embracing youtube instead of treating it like their enemy.

Well, it is their IP and they do have every right to do so but while granted that they aren't embracing "youtube," at least it is a step in the right direction cause from 0%, its now 60% so 40% more to go

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ArchangelMadzz said:
Captain_Yuri said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Please read my comment again as you clearly misunderstood.

Well my argument is that it is a step in the right direction for them to do just that, just in the future. I am not saying that youtubers should go with this program if they don't like it, I am saying that at least Nintendo lossened up on it so clearly, what youtubers are doing is working so all they have to do is not sign up for it and there we go, eventually, Nintendo will just leave them alone

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So can anyone actually point me towards court cases that show these youtubers don't fall under fair use as a transformative work?  I've seen lots of people just claim things are illegal or legal, but pretty much never based on any rulings.  The fact that this only seems to ever be an issue on youtube would suggest that it is legal, but Google doesn't want to fight it.  Otherwise why aren't sites like Giant Bomb or Blip shut down when they host the same kind of content.

Also, what exactly is the legal standpoint of a copyright holder taking control of content when only a portion is theirs?  This is more in reference to the past where Nintendo would put ads on videos and claim the revenue.  Was there any legal standing in that or was it just Google unwilling to fight it?  Could the video maker have then filed a copyright claim against Nintendo since it was using their content as well?