By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

thedawghousev2 said:
Insidb said:

Seeing as the PS3 is approximately a million years old, I think Sony can afford to cut the price. I don't get why they just let the sales suffer for no apparent reason.

a major ps3 price cut could hurt the ps4's success.

i might do a thread on that

It's been almost a decade since launch; you really think they're competing for the same market space? One thing we can't overlook is the 2007-2012 economy vs. the 2014-2015 economy.

PS: The thread sounds interesting.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
thedawghousev2 said:

It's been almost a decade since launch; you really think they're competing for the same market space? One thing we can't overlook is the 2007-2012 economy vs. the 2014-2015 economy.

PS: The thread sounds interesting.

well it's selling decently at like $300 or something like that so i'm thinking if sony cuts that price by $150 or something that shit would fly off the shelves. so maybe if sony holds out long enough until ps4's big exclusives drop,  a ps3 price cut could could move a lot more ps3's while not taking momentum away from ps4. however, you are right by saying whoever wanted a ps3 probably already got one. it's been a decade.

thedawghousev2 said:
Insidb said:

Seeing as the PS3 is approximately a million years old, I think Sony can afford to cut the price. I don't get why they just let the sales suffer for no apparent reason.

I think PS3 is already dead in big markets like USA/UK/JP so sony should focus PS3 on smaller/last to jump markets like latin american/asian market.

$200 price point focusing in this countries would help PS3 a lot without hurting PS4.

PS2 was able to sell a lot after next gen started....

A 150 ps3. Make it happen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

So Teeqoz, did I do good?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
#15 Evolve (PS4)
#22 Evolve (XBO)

Won't get any better than this?

Probably will go up a bit more tomorrow. But not an impressive looking launch based solely off of Amazon

PS4 #9, XB1 #18, for Feb. Hopefully The Order helps widen that gap.

I say cut the Ps3 Price when either Zesteria or Yakuza 5 drops

Conegamer said:

You did great, Cone. *High hoof*

Teeqoz said:
Conegamer said:

You did great, Cone. *High hoof*

Yay! Come get a hug Teeqoz.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.