By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS4 will easily win the United States

What you think brahs

Agreed brah 421 75.31%

Disagreed, Xbox will win ... 137 24.51%

Total:558

Yes, it appears so. I am happy with the recent results. PS4 is worth 50 more dollars if you want the most advanced machine. If there is a PS4 price cut, it will be a slaughter!

Around the Network

I think in the long term people get used to the price and the fact that the ps4 is stronger, xbox one sales are allready slowing in us so it will come down to the games

RolStoppable said:
Yes, it's safe to say that the PS4 will win in the USA. Anybody who says otherwise is in denial.

You're definitely one of the funniest posters on here lol.

Chris Hu said:
Sentient_Nebula said:
Chris Hu said:
Who cares.

Comes to a website about video game sales...

Complains that we're talking about video game sales.

Again look at the forums most of them aren't about sales.  My guess it that less then 10% of the members care about sales and it really should be less then that since unless you actually own stock in Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony there is really no reason to care about sales.

Just a heads up: they recently changed the forum rules, and derailing a thread is a moddable offense. 

thedawghousev2 said:

It's winning on Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, and other major retailers even with the Xbox One's price cut. Anecdotal but more and more people where I live (United States) are buying PS4s despite the fact that they previously owned Xbox 360s. The PS4 is already winning against a cheaper Xbox One, when PS4 gets a price cut it will be much, much worse.

Funny, I own a PS4 and none of my friends have one. Before launch, I asked everyone I knew. Co-workers, friends, acquantances and 360 friends. Every single one of them said Xbox One which absolutely blew my mind because of how horrible it was at the time (DRM nightmare etc.). It really pissed me off because I was dead set on a PS4 and really didn't want an Xbone. It really sucks when you're the only one of your friends and/or inner circle who has a system that no one else within said circle has. But alas, that's the boat I'm in. It blows, but I feel like I made the right choice for me. The PS4 just has the types of games I like the most.

Having said that, I don't think the PS4 is going to win the US. I think the 'Bone just has the marketing and types of games that attract the average US consumer. This is the land of the big, AAA FPS. This is the land of COD, Halo, Madden and games like that. Ever since 2001, the Xbox brand has had the shooter on lock down. Even now, COD AW on Xbox One is outselling COD AW on the PS4 in the US. To me, that just about says it all.

Ultimately, time will tell... but that's my opinion and my prediction. I think it'll be alot closer than it was last generation, but the 'Bone wins the US one last time for MS.

Around the Network

The reason I agree (Aside from all of the anecdotal evidence) is that the X1 only won by like 10% when it essentially cost over $100 less than the PS4. Now it is basically tying even though it is $50 less.

Once the exclusives come out and the PS4 is $300 it is going to be a bloodbath...

It will win but not easily!

AlfredoTurkey said:
thedawghousev2 said:

It's winning on Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, and other major retailers even with the Xbox One's price cut. Anecdotal but more and more people where I live (United States) are buying PS4s despite the fact that they previously owned Xbox 360s. The PS4 is already winning against a cheaper Xbox One, when PS4 gets a price cut it will be much, much worse.

Funny, I own a PS4 and none of my friends have one. Before launch, I asked everyone I knew. Co-workers, friends, acquantances and 360 friends. Every single one of them said Xbox One which absolutely blew my mind because of how horrible it was at the time (DRM nightmare etc.). It really pissed me off because I was dead set on a PS4 and really didn't want an Xbone. It really sucks when you're the only one of your friends and/or inner circle who has a system that no one else within said circle has. But alas, that's the boat I'm in. It blows, but I feel like I made the right choice for me. The PS4 just has the types of games I like the most.

Having said that, I don't think the PS4 is going to win the US. I think the 'Bone just has the marketing and types of games that attract the average US consumer. This is the land of the big, AAA FPS. This is the land of COD, Halo, Madden and games like that. Ever since 2001, the Xbox brand has had that shooter on lock down. Even now, COD AW on Xbox One is outselling COD AW on the PS4 in the US. To me, that just about says it all.

Ultimately, time will tell... but that's my opinion and my prediction. I think it'll be alot closer than it was last generation, but the 'Bone wins the US one last time for MS.

hey you're the guy from the amazon thread who said xbox will win january npd because it won two months, what's up man!

I said it in another thread, but I think it's silly to put NPD on such a high pedestal. No single country ismore important than global sales, of which PS4 has only be dethroned of ONCE since release. (And that was by the 3DS when theNew 3DS came out and Nintendo lumped 3DS and New 3DS sales together)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
I said it in another thread, but I think it's silly to put NPD on such a high pedestal. No single country ismore important than global sales, of which PS4 has only be dethroned of ONCE since release. (And that was by the 3DS when theNew 3DS came out and Nintendo lumped 3DS and New 3DS sales together)

i totally agree.