By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS4 will easily win the United States

What you think brahs

Agreed brah 421 75.31%

Disagreed, Xbox will win ... 137 24.51%

Total:558

It would be good if it did. I am of the opinion that the twins are fracturing the market and quite honestly, it would be best if one of them left the market. It would make the market more stable and profitable for publishers.
Theres really no logical reason to have 2 systems aimed at the same consumer. Both companies lose with it, and while under normal circustances it would be positive to the consumer, given the extreme conditions necessary to green light projects, it woud be best to have a condensed market in one system. It would make it more viable for pu blishers to take chances and find profitability outside the usual open world and FPS genres.

Around the Network
thedawghousev2 said:

It's winning on Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, and other major retailers even with the Xbox One's price cut. Anecdotal but more and more people where I live (United States) are buying PS4s despite the fact that they previously owned Xbox 360s. The PS4 is already winning against a cheaper Xbox One, when PS4 gets a price cut it will be much, much worse.

I don't understand the bolded.

If you're saying the people in your specific area, why not list that area instead of (United States)? For example, people in my area (North DFW, Texas) seem to buy Xbones more.

If you're taking your small area and extrapolating it out to (United States), well that's just silly.

Also, when was the PS4 winning against the cheaper Xbox One? I thought Xbone won Nov and Dec NPD? I don't keep super tight tabs on the sales, maybe correct me if I am wrong? I guess you're referring to sales rankings of some websites. Meh. Also, why could MS not also drop the price when Sony drops theirs? And if Sony is really as easily going to win as you put it, they have much less incentive to do that price drop.

Azuren said:
I said it in another thread, but I think it's silly to put NPD on such a high pedestal. No single country ismore important than global sales, of which PS4 has only be dethroned of ONCE since release. (And that was by the 3DS when theNew 3DS came out and Nintendo lumped 3DS and New 3DS sales together)

It's more necessity than anything else.

The PS5 Exists. 

AlfredoTurkey said:

Funny, I own a PS4 and none of my friends have one. Before launch, I asked everyone I knew. Co-workers, friends, acquantances and 360 friends. Every single one of them said Xbox One which absolutely blew my mind because of how horrible it was at the time (DRM nightmare etc.). It really pissed me off because I was dead set on a PS4 and really didn't want an Xbone. It really sucks when you're the only one of your friends and/or inner circle who has a system that no one else within said circle has. But alas, that's the boat I'm in. It blows, but I feel like I made the right choice for me. The PS4 just has the types of games I like the most.

Having said that, I don't think the PS4 is going to win the US. I think the 'Bone just has the marketing and types of games that attract the average US consumer. This is the land of the big, AAA FPS. This is the land of COD, Halo, Madden and games like that. Ever since 2001, the Xbox brand has had the shooter on lock down. Even now, COD AW on Xbox One is outselling COD AW on the PS4 in the US. To me, that just about says it all.

Ultimately, time will tell... but that's my opinion and my prediction. I think it'll be alot closer than it was last generation, but the 'Bone wins the US one last time for MS.

Sony had exclusive marketing with Watch Dogs and Destiny, last year. The X1 had Madden bundled with it and it still got outsold by the PS4. The next COD is not out until November, a month where the X1 is very likely to win.

This year, Sony has exclusive marketing to Mortal Kombat X and Batman: Arkham Knight, both of which are very popular in the US. Not only that, they appeal to different demographics. Add the PS4's exclusives into the equation, the PS4 is likely to win the first 10 months like last year. The PS4 appears to have won January according to Amazon's monthly rankings along with rankings from Gamestop, Walmart, Toys R' Us, and Best Buy. Bish-approved users from GAF, such as Abdiel and TheShogun, can also attest to this.

Basically, this will be a battle of 10 months vs. 2 months. Can the X1 outsell the PS4 in 2 months more than the amount the PS4 outsell the X1 in 10 months? Looking at last year, the answer will likely be no. Looking at all this evidence provided to us, throughout this generation, the PS4 will extend it's lead at a slow pace over the X1 YOY.

considering that the PS4 seems to be outselling the X1 for quite some weeks now despite the fact that the X1 is 50 dollars cheaper (according to amazon bestsellers chartz) then i will have to agree, the PS4 outsold the X1 when it was 100 dollars cheaper, it outsold the X1 when they were both being sold at the same price, and now (if amazon is correct and it normally is then) the PS4 is outselling the X1 despite it being 50 dollars cheaper.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
thedawghousev2 said:

It's winning on Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, and other major retailers even with the Xbox One's price cut. Anecdotal but more and more people where I live (United States) are buying PS4s despite the fact that they previously owned Xbox 360s. The PS4 is already winning against a cheaper Xbox One, when PS4 gets a price cut it will be much, much worse.

If you're saying the people in your specific area, why not list that area instead of (United States)? For example, people in my area (North DFW, Texas) seem to buy Xbones more.

If you're taking your small area and extrapolating it out to (United States), well that's just silly.

Also, when was the PS4 winning against the cheaper Xbox One? I thought Xbone won Nov and Dec NPD? I don't keep super tight tabs on the sales, maybe correct me if I am wrong? I guess you're referring to sales rankings of some websites. Meh. Also, why could MS not also drop the price when Sony drops theirs? And if Sony is really as easily going to win as you put it, they have much less incentive to do that price drop.

He's referring to the PS4 leading the X1 during the second pricecut (now). The X1 definitely won during the first pricecut.

LudicrousSpeed said:
thedawghousev2 said:

i said united states because i don't want to tell people on the internet where I live.

Chris Hu said:
Sentient_Nebula said:
Chris Hu said:
Who cares.

Comes to a website about video game sales...

Complains that we're talking about video game sales.

Again look at the forums most of them aren't about sales.  My guess it that less then 10% of the members care about sales and it really should be less then that since unless you actually own stock in Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony there is really no reason to care about sales.

Oh please get over yourself. this is a video games sales site first and foremost. Its the dales that brings everyone to this site. All u can say is that of all the topics on this video game site forums, 10% of them is on sales. However everyone here cares about sales.

If you don't,to then stay off the site and more importantly of threads like these. 

To OP, while by all indications the PS4 should win NA, its not going to be easy. 

Intrinsic said:
Chris Hu said:

Again look at the forums most of them aren't about sales.  My guess it that less then 10% of the members care about sales and it really should be less then that since unless you actually own stock in Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony there is really no reason to care about sales.

Oh please get over yourself. this is a video games sales site first and foremost. Its the dales that brings everyone to this site. All u can say is that of all the topics on this video game site forums, 10% of them is on sales. However everyone here cares about sales.

If you don't,to then stay off the site and more importantly of threads like these. 

To OP, while by all indications the PS4 should win NA, its not going to be easy. 

????????What are dales???????

Chris Hu said:
Intrinsic said:

????????What are dales???????

funny man!!! genius!!!