By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favorite Wii U Indie?

Jumpin said:
AZWification said:

Guacamelee. I'm simply a huge fan of Metroidvania games! Most of the time they are simply tons of fun!

Aren't "Metroidvania" games the more recent Castlevania games that copies Metroid style worlds?

Not necessarily. Metroidvania games are games that focus a lot on non-linearity, just like Metroid! Other examples of Metroidvania games are Cave Story, Shadow Complex and Mega Man ZX!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Little Inferno, Pier Solar and the great Architects and Citizens of Earth.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

unepic

Captain_Yuri said:

I would say Shovel Knight but instead, I will say Shantae and pirate's curse cause its a pretty great indie game that doesn't get enough love imo. Its funny, its silly but its also a great action platformer

You just say that because there are pirates in there!

I'd say Shovel Knight. It really impressed me. Especially the music!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

I keep meaning to buy Stealth Inc. 2, sounds epic.

Shovel Knight is a dream.

Also totally not an indie game but get Metroid Prime Trilogy on viritual console while the price is down.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
AZWification said:

Guacamelee. I'm simply a huge fan of Metroidvania games! Most of the time they are simply tons of fun!

Aren't "Metroidvania" games the more recent Castlevania games that copies Metroid style worlds?

yup, the igarashi castlevanias starting with sotn on psx and through the gba and ds castlevanias. tbh i think they do metroid better than metroid... even super metroid didn't have the same level of depth as, say, symphony of the night or dawn of sorrow. there are quasi-rpg elements in there that are really well-thought-out.

Steamworld Dig is my favorite so far. I have shovel knight and guacamele too but haven't tried them yet

Pier Solar, Trine 2, Child of Light, and I would suggest Steamworld Dig. Fun 1 player game.

The Metroid Maniac is obviously going to love Guacamelee!
Shantae was cool and I love the sprite approach that they took, but it was too in unnecessarily lewd, and I did not like that one bit.

Little inferno