Forums - Sales Discussion - The WiiU hasnt spawned one successful new IP

"Wonderful 101" sold horribly, but was AWESOME! It "successfully" kicked my ass for many, many hours.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: First Look! RetroTINK 2X Multiformat Preview - Bit-Sized, Episode 5

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Your going to be wrong yet again :)

Lol, there is no "yet again." No one outside hardcore Nintando fans knows anything about that game.

Well, this is new.

Read.

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Lol, there is no "yet again." No one outside hardcore Nintando fans knows anything about that game.

Nobody's talking about system seller, but if you thinkthe game wont sell well, thats on you, hence why i said you'll be wrong yet again

(9mil+ Userbase when the game releases shouldnt be excluded)

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

It just strikes me as the single easiest game to advertise for with a few commercials on Cartoon Network/Disney/Nick for the kids and maybe a Hulu/Netflix commercial for the adults.

I'm excited as a 26 year old for it but I know a commercial for this game would have had me seriously pining for it as a kid.

StuOhQ said:
"Wonderful 101" sold horribly, but was AWESOME! It "successfully" kicked my ass for many, many hours.

I'm ashamed to say I never played it as I only got the Wii U last May and there were other priorities on my mind... I think I'll go pick it up this afternoon, it's down to $30 or something like that.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Nobody's talking about system seller, but if you thinkthe game wont sell well, thats on you, hence why i said you'll be wrong yet again

I'm not talking about being a system seller and I'm not excuding anything. Nintendo isn't doing anything to let people know that this game exists. I don't think this game has any more mass appeal than W101, and Nintendo isn't doing anything different to advertise its existance. Thinking this game will sell well is wishful thinking is you've got nothing to back it up. And there's no reason to say "yet again." 99% of my predictions are correct.

Well, this is new.

Read.

Splatoon (and to a lesser extent Mario Maker) is Wii U's last shot for a successful new ip.

Nintendo needs to help families bring innocence back to kids lol. If Nintendo doesn't properly push and advertise Splatoon, they have officially lost their mind. After school hours and weekends should be a bombardment of Splatoon commercials on the proper networks.

If this game doesn't become a new hit, both Nintendo and today's society are hopeless. lol

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

I'm not talking about being a system seller and I'm not excuding anything. Nintendo isn't doing anything to let people know that this game exists. I don't think this game has any more mass appeal than W101, and Nintendo isn't doing anything different to advertise its existance. Thinking this game will sell well is wishful thinking is you've got nothing to back it up. And there's no reason to say "yet again." 99% of my predictions are correct.

It was big at e3, its going to be at Apex this weekend. Your dead wrong on mass appeal when your comparing it to W101.

Ok you think its wishful thinking, give me your prediction on Lifetime sales. Minimum/Maximum too if you can

Edit: Those are some examples. 99% of your predictions arent correct, nobodies is unless they go the safest route everytime. 

yeah----gawsh, nintendo----why can't you have good IP like sony's Drek and its hit sequel Drek 2: More Drek?

bananaking21 said:

3- ZombiU, but that game is the definition of a failure, because it wasnt even close to being profitable and has no sequal planned. 

Here's hoping that Ubi revisits that logic. ZombiU has had decent legs selling almost an additional 200K in 2014 and has a chance of hitting 1 mil physical sales lifetime. Wii U owners are always talking up this game as a must try (I know I personally loved it). It'd be great to see a ZombiU2 that's polished up a bit

run away!