By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The WiiU hasnt spawned one successful new IP

Splatoon (and to a lesser extent Mario Maker) is Wii U's last shot for a successful new ip.

Nintendo needs to help families bring innocence back to kids lol. If Nintendo doesn't properly push and advertise Splatoon, they have officially lost their mind. After school hours and weekends should be a bombardment of Splatoon commercials on the proper networks.

If this game doesn't become a new hit, both Nintendo and today's society are hopeless. lol

Around the Network
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Nobody's talking about system seller, but if you thinkthe game wont sell well, thats on you, hence why i said you'll be wrong yet again

(9mil+ Userbase when the game releases shouldnt be excluded)

I'm not talking about being a system seller and I'm not excuding anything. Nintendo isn't doing anything to let people know that this game exists. I don't think this game has any more mass appeal than W101, and Nintendo isn't doing anything different to advertise its existance. Thinking this game will sell well is wishful thinking is you've got nothing to back it up. And there's no reason to say "yet again." 99% of my predictions are correct.

It was big at e3, its going to be at Apex this weekend. Your dead wrong on mass appeal when your comparing it to W101.

Ok you think its wishful thinking, give me your prediction on Lifetime sales. Minimum/Maximum too if you can

Edit: Those are some examples. 99% of your predictions arent correct, nobodies is unless they go the safest route everytime. 

yeah----gawsh, nintendo----why can't you have good IP like sony's Drek and its hit sequel Drek 2: More Drek?

bananaking21 said:

3- ZombiU, but that game is the definition of a failure, because it wasnt even close to being profitable and has no sequal planned. 

Here's hoping that Ubi revisits that logic. ZombiU has had decent legs selling almost an additional 200K in 2014 and has a chance of hitting 1 mil physical sales lifetime. Wii U owners are always talking up this game as a must try (I know I personally loved it). It'd be great to see a ZombiU2 that's polished up a bit

run away! 

bananaking21 said:
for those that mentioned Watch dogs and shovel night, i addressed those in the edit in the OP. i dont mind being wrong, though i feel i still have a point.

The WiiU has many problems. High quality IPs isn't one of them. If Ninty had gone with more new IPs instead of DK, MK8, and Smash, we'd all wonder aloud what the hell they were thinking.

If your point is that WiiU doesn't have 3rd party support, that's a dead horse. Kind of like how PS4 and X1 haven't spawned a single original 90+ metacritic ranked game in their life to date. 

Or are you telling us that if Nintendo were to introduce a really good, genuinely new IP on WiiU it'd make a substantial difference? Do you believe that?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

If Destiny counts as a new IP then I don't see how Captain Toad doesn't.

Still no number crunching in this thread about "financial success".

gatito said:
If Destiny counts as a new IP then I don't see how Captain Toad doesn't.

Because it didn't sell a bajillion copies which it would seem bananaking equates to financial success.

Game_God said:
spemanig said:

Lego City is just a "GTA" spin off of the Lego games while Nintendo Land is a spin off colaboration game, much like Smash.

Watch Dogs is a GTA clone,  Destiny is a Halo "spin-off", Titanfall is a COD with robots wanabee, Driveclub is an upgraded Motorstorm and The Evil Within is Resident Evil bastard child.

New IP/name =/= new original game!

Funny how Nintendo always breaking the mold with its series is "rehashing" & others always making the same game but with new name, prettier graphics & modest changes are "making new software".

I find it appaling when people won't go beyond the envelope & fall for cheap marketing tricks!

Thanks for replying for me, perfect post. Was busy doing work

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Nem said:
iTechHeads said:

Of course he is. How else would he do it? LMFAO

Would a small pizza business be considered successful if it made 500 people happy over 5 years but drained the owners bank account and left him homeless?

Hmm... you should LMFAO, because he didnt give us any kind of metric to measure that, nor does he have the info for it.

Therefore... ??? Great post?

He didn't need to as its pretty much common sense.

Success is measured by sales.

The more sales, the more successful. It is that simple.