By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I dont understand the hate Anita Sarkeesian is recieved over Mirrors Edge 2

What do you think of Anita

She sucks! 196 61.83%

Shes awesome! 18 5.68%

Don't care 60 18.93%

Sometimes I agree with he... 43 13.56%

Total:317
Teeqoz said:
She isn't though. It was fake.

I understand that. If she could get through to Neil Druckman though, don't you think some positivity could be gained from her crusde?

Around the Network
Panther111 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Shes definitely critical of the male approach, but i've seen her critique of even female writers. She seems to have an ego, but most people who speak out tend to anyway. She isn't going to affect the development of every game. Shes not a major threat and people should stop feeding her negatively if they dont want her to get more major media attention. The hatred is what is fueling her fame, and most people don't even understand that. 

Most people don't understand that attacking her is only backfiring by the media at large who know nothing about games and don't particularly understand the gravity of the Gamergate issue from an actual gamers perspective.

I believe it to be a dangerous thing when certain individuals go out of their way to ban freedom of expression and individuality. If she wants to put a ban on women in gaming wearing petite outfits, experimenting with fashion and style.

she would probably want the same in real life. Women should be able to dress how they like, without others banning their expression and individuali.

Pointing out things she dislikes doesn't mean she wants to "ban" anything.

PwerlvlAmy said:
She's a nut job

She does come on pretty strong. I wont deny this at all. She tends to turn things into what she wants, rather than what would help the issue.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Teeqoz said:
She isn't though. It was fake.

I understand that. If she could get through to Neil Druckman though, don't you think some positivity could be gained from her crusde?

I don't know. I haven't played TLOU, and I don't care if Anita Sarkeesian is a part of ME2s dev team, unless she says crap like "the controls are too complicated for women".

She has absolutely no positive effect on the industry and her insights are shallow and quite often ridiculous. Her bias is extraordinarily strong and she often misrepresents the things she talks about to a satirical degree.

Why should we reward this type of behavior or think that it will, in any way, do anything except for limit artistic freedom?

Around the Network
TRAVIS!!! said:
Panther111 said:

I believe it to be a dangerous thing when certain individuals go out of their way to ban freedom of expression and individuality. If she wants to put a ban on women in gaming wearing petite outfits, experimenting with fashion and style.

she would probably want the same in real life. Women should be able to dress how they like, without others banning their expression and individuali.

If she had the means and power to do so, she probably would ;-p. 

Her intent is clear though. But important to remember that certain women in the world would probably love to go on a shopping spree, experiment with fashion and individual expression, and drop the burka they are forced to wear due to certain peoples likes and dislikes.

I realize Anita Sarkeesian is a controversial person but let's stay away from insults like "nut-job" and "feminazi". If you don't like her or her views, please explain why you think that way and leave the insults out. (For the record, most of the replies are doing it the right way)

Signature goes here!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
She's a nut job

She does come on pretty strong. I wont deny this at all. She tends to turn things into what she wants, rather than what would help the issue.

which makes her a nut job lol

she only wants people to view things from her perspective and what she wants you to hear and doesnt want you to talk back or disagree with her

Its a one way street with her

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

which makes her a nut job lol

she only wants people to view things from her perspective and what she wants you to hear and doesnt want you to talk back or disagree with her

Its a one way street with her

I realize you probably wrote that post as I was making mine but please read the warning above your post.

Signature goes here!

Panther111 said:
TRAVIS!!! said:

If she had the means and power to do so, she probably would ;-p. 

Her intent is clear though. But important to remember that certain women in the world would probably love to go on a shopping spree, experiment with fashion and individual expression, and drop the burka they are forced to wear due to certain peoples likes and dislikes.

I don't think she would. 

Bolded: Yeah sure. Nothing wrong with that.