By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I dont understand the hate Anita Sarkeesian is recieved over Mirrors Edge 2

What do you think of Anita

She sucks! 196 61.83%

Shes awesome! 18 5.68%

Don't care 60 18.93%

Sometimes I agree with he... 43 13.56%

Total:317
TechnoHobbit said:
I don't always agree with her, but I'm fine with her. I was actually looking forward to her helping with Mirrors Edge 2, a shame that wasn't real.

While she is a bit extreme in cases, the amount of ignorant ridicule and far to often hate she receives is pretty ridiculous.

i think so too, some people are not fair to her. she is the sarah palin of gamemedia. dont be so hard on her she isnt evil, she is just very limited. she can read what mcintosh writes for her, thats all, she is a mouthpiece for a contartist, not a bad person.

Around the Network

She's not helping, and than God for that!

She's crazy.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was warned by TruckOSaurus

She is an idiot. The last thing game developers need to be doing is seeking characterisation tips from fucking feminists.

~ Mod edit ~

This is was warned by TruckOSaurus.

I have no issue and pay her no mind. To me she brings to mind various figures in politics and religion who know there is an audience or market to make money on by stating certain views that reinforce their own. She figured out targeting games over other media would make her far more of a lightning rod in the internet arena and bolster her profile and in turn make her more money. If it were not for gaming sites and communities constantly telling me to be angry about her I never would have heard of her.

Around the Network
TRAVIS!!! said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I Its a good game, you should check it out when you have time. Regardless , if she says that she's only holding women down. Thats kind of anti-feminist.

Again, she never said that. Maybe you'd like to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8mhDW6Shs&feature=youtu.be&t=6m15s

sorry, no idea how to embed :)

Wow...its amazing how much shes been slandered. Some of what she says may worry me, but she does not deserve this even in the slightest. Not at all.

I don`t like her and I haven`t read anything she said that I would agree with. Also she said some very stupid things and was caught lying. I remember the tweet after Hitchens death very disrespectful and cowardly in my opinion.

She doesn't have any qualification to work in game's development.She don't even play Video games as she said in one youtube video.

She is just a person with her on political agenda who chose VG as a hot topic for discussion.

Augen said:
I have no issue and pay her no mind. To me she brings to mind various figures in politics and religion who know there is an audience or market to make money on by stating certain views that reinforce their own. She figured out targeting games over other media would make her far more of a lightning rod in the internet arena and bolster her profile and in turn make her more money. If it were not for gaming sites and communities constantly telling me to be angry about her I never would have heard of her.

Its interesting that you say this, because I don't know how famous she would've become without gamergate. Her popularity skyrocketed.

OttoniBastos said:

She doesn't have any qualification to work in game's development.She don't even play Video games as she said in one youtube video.

She is just a person with her on political agenda who chose VG as a hot topic for discussion.

The first time I saw on of her Youtube videos, she said she was a big fan of gaming and had been gaming since she was a little girl. She might have an agenda, but the online gamers are giving her fuel when she speaks to the mass media and at gamer conferences.