By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You Think Women Have Been Given Too Much Power In The Western World?

badgenome said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Woman who want to become CEOs and so on usually do so.without a hitch or at least with the same amount of problems that man face.

I doubt that. The process of becoming CEO is essentially a political one, and women are naturally at a disadvantage in political situations.

Not anymore . In my country woman politicians are actually being pushed ahead with most female politicians being seen as special while a male politicians are seen as ever day Joe's. I am sure other countries will soon follow if they haven't already. It's now all up to the Woman if she wants to enter into this job.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Woman who want to become CEOs and so on usually do so.without a hitch or at least with the same amount of problems that man face.

I doubt that. The process of becoming CEO is essentially a political one, and women are naturally at a disadvantage in political situations.

no they are not, its not about gender, its about wo your parentens are and on what schools you went... if your parents flipped burgers all their live than your chances of becomming ceo anywhere are realy realy small, but if your parents are ceos and you went to expensive private schools well than everything is possible.

Ka-pi96 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

But almost all do. In all honesty though a woman who doesn't take maternity leave in my opinion is an idiot at a work alcholic. These type of woman though usually go on to become CEOs and the like.

Why would that make them idiots or workaholics? Some women just don't want children.

Then they are paid the same as man and everything is fine 😅

Ka-pi96 said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why should it be assumed that women will take maternity leave though?

But almost all do. In all honesty though a woman who doesn't take maternity leave in my opinion is an idiot at a work alcholic. These type of woman though usually go on to become CEOs and the like.

Why would that make them idiots or workaholics? Some women just don't want children.

you cant take maternity leave without having kids,,, i thing its about women who have children but didnt took maternity leave.

Mr.Playstation said:

Not anymore . In my country woman politicians are actually being pushed ahead with most female politicians being seen as special while a male politicians are seen as ever day Joe's. I am sure other countries will soon follow if they haven't already. It's now all up to the Woman if she wants to enter into this job.

The very fact that female politicians are seen as special indicates that they are rarer. So while a few particularly ambitious or gifted women might be able to use their gender to their advantage to stand out from other politicians, on balance men are still outperforming women politically.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:

no they are not, its not about gender, its about wo your parentens are and on what schools you went... if your parents flipped burgers all their live than your chances of becomming ceo anywhere are realy realy small, but if your parents are ceos and you went to expensive private schools well than everything is possible.

That's absolutely true. What I mean is that men are naturally more authoritative in a way that people accept and trust. An authoritative woman often comes across as being "shrill" or "bossy" and is resented even by other women.

They're lucky that they got the right to vote in the USA in 1920.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

badgenome said:
Mr.Playstation said:

The very fact that female politicians are seen as special indicates that they are rarer. So while a few particularly ambitious or gifted women might be able to use their gender to their advantage to stand out from other politicians, on balance men are still outperforming women politically.

Doesn't it come down to the individual then.

badgenome said:
Mr.Playstation said:

thats because the most older politicians are man, the young politicians arent just all old white dudes. but in the longrun men will allways outperform women in allmost every aspect, not because men are better in those aspects, but because men are better at keeping friends and alliances.

Mr.Playstation said:
Ninsect said:
Women still get lower wages in the western world, for the same jobs. They are also in less "positions of power", less CEOs etc...

Are they really? Could they be getting paid less because maternity leave is taken into account and because many woman do not want to progress in their jobs and only want to get enough to help raise their child. Woman who want to become CEOs and so on usually do so.without a hitch or at least with the same amount of problems that man face.

That's racist...lol, no it's actually just prejudice.

What do you mean by "usually"? It's been easier for men to get positions of power traditionally.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com