By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You Think Women Have Been Given Too Much Power In The Western World?

They don't have too much and more woman are needed in positions of power. However I completely blank out most feminist groups as they go way over board.

Around the Network

Women haven't been given too much power but legislation intended to address problems of imbalance have created new problems of imbalance. You don't fix inequality by adding more inequality.

I've mentioned this before on these forums, but a friend of mine used to be in charge of hiring contractors for a large plant. Corporate policy came down that dictated he HAD to hire based on a minority scale. As such, he could no longer hire contractors based on quality. He had to ditch long-standing business partners in favor of new companies that took advantage of the rule by registering ownership under a female relative. He told me many times about how he had to hire back the OLD contractors just to strip away and fix what the NEW contractors had done, thus paying more than double for jobs. We're talking about projects that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars or more.

Situations like that are, in a word, stupid. It hurts the bottom line of a company, which gets translated to consumers, and it damages quality and safety standards.

It's like having a scale that is off by 25 ounces on once side then throwing 50 ounces on that side in order to fix it. Creating new problems is not a solution.

I like my women in positions of power.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Nope. Actually I wished this world was run by women.

Ninsect said:
Women still get lower wages in the western world, for the same jobs. They are also in less "positions of power", less CEOs etc...

Are they really? Could they be getting paid less because maternity leave is taken into account and because many woman do not want to progress in their jobs and only want to get enough to help raise their child. Woman who want to become CEOs and so on usually do so.without a hitch or at least with the same amount of problems that man face.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

The fact that you say they have to be "given" anything shiws there is a big discrepancy in equal rights.

What exactly is too much anyway?

Alot of societies in the past were matriarchial, but had all the "traditional" males roles that we think of now. So whats wrong with more power to women?

Ka-pi96 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Are they really? Could they be getting paid less because maternity leave is taken into account and because many woman do not want to progress in their jobs and only want to get enough to help raise their child. Woman who want to become CEOs and so on usually do so.without a hitch or at least with the same amount of problems that man face.

Why should it be assumed that women will take maternity leave though?

But almost all do. In all honesty though a woman who doesn't take maternity leave in my opinion is an idiot at a work alcholic. These type of woman though usually go on to become CEOs and the like.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Ka-pi96 said:
Lastgengamer said:
What? no they should have even more to the point of total equality, it is the right thing to do in a modern society

They already do have equality.

...i disagree with you.

Mr.Playstation said:

Woman who want to become CEOs and so on usually do so.without a hitch or at least with the same amount of problems that man face.

I doubt that. The process of becoming CEO is essentially a political one, and women are naturally at a disadvantage in political situations.

Is this a joke thread?