By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You Think Women Have Been Given Too Much Power In The Western World?

Nah, they haven't been given enough power yet. Once they grew masculine parts (and by masculine I obviously mean penis) and start dominating us, then we'll hit the sweet spot.

Around the Network

How do they have too much power? and if they did why would this make you feel uncomfortable exactly?

What are you trying to get at, that we adopt more ideals on how to treat women from the east?

Ninsect said:
What kind of a question is that? Men still have way more power in most corners of the world

We are regarding the western world here. Feminism and equell rights are definitely needed in other parts of the world.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Yes but only because of stupid policies like X amount of employees need to be women in X ranking jobs. I think it should be BEST person man or woman for the job.

Also maternity leave. Some organisations offer 12 months leave however some women don't want to stay out of work for that long, so why can't the father of the child be allowed to stay home and take care of that child? Guys get like a week paternity leave and then have to use their annual leave.

An example here. Is bus company changed its policy so they could get 50% women drivers. However women were not interested in becoming bus drivers. So for three years the company did not hire men who wanted to be bus drivers in order to try and hit that magic 50% number. After 3 years they went from 25% to 30%.

Not really. They have situational advantages and disadvantages, like anyone else. It's long past time they stop being treated as some kind of permanent victim class in western countries, though.

Around the Network
Seece said:

How do they have too much power? and if they did why would this make you feel uncomfortable exactly?

What are you trying to get at, that we adopt more ideals on how to treat women from the east?

No, of course not. Check out Cobrettu2's post I think he makes an excellent argument on how woman have been given too much power.

@  bolded : It would obviously make me uncomfortable. Woman being given better opportunities than me just because of gender and jobs being  given to woman because, woman need to make up 50% of a certain job even though that are less qualified.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:
Anfebious said:
Yes, lately I feel afraid of going out and looking at people in the eye. Some chick may think I want to rape her with my sexy eyes, so I try to stay at home and socialize with my 2D girls.

Even though you say it in a jokingly manner. This is a serious problem, woman and society need to know that not every taught that passes through a man's mind when looking at a girl is " I want to have sex with her".

Sorry if it was inapropiate, it's just that we don't see it as an issue over here.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

What? no they should have even more to the point of total equality, it is the right thing to do in a modern society

Women still get lower wages in the western world, for the same jobs. They are also in less "positions of power", less CEOs etc...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

feminism has nothing to do with to much power. its totaly right that women and men have equal rights and power.
feminism is about little higher middle class(or above) pricesses that dont want to accept that the world is cruel and work is hard.
feminist have way more power than the most other people, they went to good schools, had rich parents, etc.
the typical lower income women arent feminists and they dont like em, because they steal all the attention for womens problems.
and the feminist are mostly realy realy stupid, i mean realy realy, they dont learn, they dont understand the arguments they try to use, they dont understand ethic or statistic. lets look at it a bit closer, the gender paygap is the go to argument for feminist if they want to show how bad this world is. the problem is, they dont understand the statistic, the gap is just there because women chose to make less money by choosing a profession that isnt well payed. thats something we have to change, but it cant be changed at the payment level. we cant pay a teacher as good as a nuclear physicist just because of the genderpaygap.
we have to change it on another level, women shouldnt be more affraide than man about studying harder topics, the problem is that many women fear math and society says beeing bad in math is totaly fine for a women, THATS the real problem, the most wellpayed jobs NEED mathskills.