By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You Think Women Have Been Given Too Much Power In The Western World?

Ka-pi96 said:

Maybe there are more male politicians simply because not as many women want to be politicians. Or should women be forced in to it against their will just so there can be an equivalent number of male and female politicians?

No, of course not. I just don't think there's much of a debate that women are disadvantaged in things of a political nature. Things like physical presence and depth of voice go a long way.

Around the Network

Too many rights? No, should we take rights away? And they definitely don't have too much power.

Now, it's true we sometimes overcompensate for "sexism" and they have some advantages like getting children's custodies most of the time. But the the OP doesn't make much sense.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Mr.Playstation said:

Doesn't it come down to the individual then.

Yes, but it is still possible to make generalized observations about groups.

No, not really. Things are a lot better now for women but women are still hardly seen as "equal" in an awful lot of areas.

I could go on and say a lot more about this topic, but I shalln't. It's one which I'm involved in and have been in the past, let's just say.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

No, still too many boring old men in politics and as big leaders. Also there's still a difference in salary between a man and a woman with the same function.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Around the Network

Here's a though... Women/Girls have it way way better than Men/Girls...

To illustrate..

2 girls are best friends and they can walk side by side while holding hands and no one will think ill of them

2 boys are best friends and they walk side by side while holding hands and they are automatically gay...

or how about

girls get doors open for them from gentlemen

boys dont get doors open for them...EVER!

trollolololll!

JoeAncelotti said:
No, still too many boring old men in politics and as big leaders. Also there's still a difference in salary between a man and a woman with the same function.

thats not true.. no study found a meaningfull difference between male and female payment if they count in everything. its just a lie that women get payed less for the same work. thinking that women get payd 20% less or more for the same job is just stupid. no person who worked a real job can taking this argument without laughing out loud. the most people dont get to argue about payment, they get payed the same like every other person thats doing the same job, there is just no way you could pay a female worker less than a male, the unions would sue you till your company is gone.

ils411 said:

To illustrate..

2 girls are best friends and they can walk side by side while holding hands and no one will think ill of them

2 boys are best friends and they walk side by side while holding hands and they are automatically gay...

or how about

trollolololll!

Or how about:

Girls can cry whenever wherever.

Boys can't.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

ils411 said:

To illustrate..

or how about

trollolololll!

1. sure i can run around holding hands with my best friend without other people thinking we are gay. 2. i dont live in a third world country where beeing gay is something bad so i dont have to care about what other people think.

generic-user-1 said:

thats because the most older politicians are man, the young politicians arent just all old white dudes. but in the longrun men will allways outperform women in allmost every aspect, not because men are better in those aspects, but because men are better at keeping friends and alliances.

I'd agree with that. I just don't see any other areas where women a clear advantage, either. The only benefit to being a woman in politics is that (a) your male opponents have to be careful of being seen as either bullying or patronizing toward you, and (b) you are exceptional and therefore have novelty appeal, but as novelty wears off quickly this can be as much of a disadvantage as it is an advantage. And those are really only at play in democratic elections. Corporate politics are a whole different situation where those long term friends and alliances are mostly what matter.