By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 was a beast!!!!

Ofc is the beast it could run LINUX on the PS3.

Around the Network

It still is. I just platinumed Deadly Premonition (probably the worst game to bring up in a graphical thread but I'm just talking great games lol) and am now moving on to Prototype 2 and Hitman Trilogy platinums.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

pbroy said:
It was an RPG beast.

If you're into crappy RPGs then yeah.  There are some good ones, but most RPGs last gen blew.

The only real issue I had with a lot of PS3 games was the framerate, but that has a lot more to do with the developers in question than the PS3 itself. I mean, Sony's 1st party was extravagant and polished as shit on the PS3. Visually speaking, it had the best to offer from the 7th gen (although artistically I can think of some Wii games that stick out like SMG2 and Skyward Sword, but that's a matter of preference rather than technical prowess).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I don't see why people usually put it under Wii and 360 on Top 10 Consoles of all time lists

Around the Network

If the PS3 had 2 GB of ram it would've given the Wii U today a run for its money.

LipeJJ said:
leo-j said:
It still feels like most games released this gen are port ups from in development last gen games.....

My thoughts exactly.

So far only some exclusives are doing this gen justice (alongside with 2 ou 3 third party games).

This generation is already off to a better start for all brands in terms of exclusive development compared to the last gen.

thedawghousev2 said:
some details like no tessellation and no anti aliasing along with bad frame rates really bring down some games for me. loved ps3 though.

GoW had great character models and great AA too.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Great machine. Especially for its time. The 360 too. Great machines the pair of them. I smh at the Wii though.

Gilgamesh said:

The 512 MB RAM was split between the OS and the game, so it only had 256 MB of ram for games and the other 256 MB RAM for the OS.

Edit: Like the PS4 only has 5 GB of it's ram for games, and 3 GB for the OS.

The PS3 had 256MB of RAM and 256MB of VRAM. The OS probably used around 32MB of the main RAM.