By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 was a beast!!!!

2008ProchargedGT said:
pbroy said:
It was an RPG beast.

Was it? I love RPGs and never seemed to find any on the PS3. Could you give me like a top five list so I can look into them?

Don't know about a top 5 but you can't go wrong with any of the Tales games plus they are still getting one more with Tales of Zestiria which shold be pretty good.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

So I was trying out the 7 day trial of PSNow and replaying some PS3 games. I just cant believe some of these titles ran on a system with only 512mb of ram. God of War A: is probably the best looking PS3 game ive seen I could have mistaken it for a current gen game... no BS. 

The 512 MB RAM was split between the OS and the game, so it only had 256 MB of ram for games and the other 256 MB RAM for the OS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I belive 256 MB is all they had, the CELL really was a godsend once they finally figured out how the use the complicated thing.

Edit: Like the PS4 only has 5 GB of it's ram for games, and 3 GB for the OS.

No. 256MB is dedcated to the GPU at all time, but the 256MB of system memory is also available to the dev. The current version of the OS has a footprint of around 50MB. So the devs have access to roughly 462MB (256+206) of RAM .

Chris Hu said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
pbroy said:
It was an RPG beast.

Was it? I love RPGs and never seemed to find any on the PS3. Could you give me like a top five list so I can look into them?

Don't know about a top 5 but you can't go wrong with any of the Tales games plus they are still getting one more with Tales of Zestiria which shold be pretty good.

Tales huh? I look into it thanks.

2008ProchargedGT said:
pbroy said:
It was an RPG beast.

Valkyria Chronicles, Ni no Kuni, Demon's Souls, White Knight Chronicles,  White Knight Chronicles II, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Graces f, Natural Doctrine, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, Folklore... etc and multi-plats

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
leo-j said:
It still feels like most games released this gen are port ups from in development last gen games.....

My thoughts exactly.

So far only some exclusives are doing this gen justice (alongside with 2 ou 3 third party games).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
leo-j said:
It still feels like most games released this gen are port ups from in development last gen games.....

My thoughts exactly.

So far only some exclusives are doing this gen justice (alongside with 2 ou 3 third party games).

well hopefully the batch in the que will change our minds. The Order, Bloodborne, Uncharted4  Zelda and Halo 5 look promising. 

2008ProchargedGT said:
LipeJJ said:
leo-j said:

My thoughts exactly.

well hopefully the batch in the que will change our minds. The Order, Bloodborne, Uncharted4  Zelda and Halo 5 look promising. 

Well hopefully Forza 6 will be a lot better then 5 already looking forward to trying out the three cars that have been announced so far and since they have a deal with Ford for 6 hopefully the 1968 Ford Mustang GT (Bullitt) will finally make it into a Forza game.

Chris Hu said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
LipeJJ said:
leo-j said:

My thoughts exactly.

Well hopefully Forza 6 will be a lot better then 5 already looking forward to trying out the three cars that have been announced so far and since they have a deal with Ford for 6 hopefully the 1968 Ford Mustang GT (Bullitt) will finally make it into a Forza game.

Yeah, that would be sick. If you couldnt tell by the avatar, Im a huge ford fan. The ne GT looks freaking awesome.

2008ProchargedGT said:
LipeJJ said:
leo-j said:

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah, 2015 will definitely change our minds. The titles you mentioned, plus maybe Forza 6 and The Witcher 3 are/will be absolutely stunning.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I Also like Ford its definitely my favorite American car brand plus their overseas divisions also made some pretty cool cars like the Falcon, Capri, and the RS200.  Plus the original GT the GT40 was mainly made by the British division of Ford.