By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 was a beast!!!!

kowenicki said:
Blood_Tears said:
Chris Hu said:
Blood_Tears said:
LO was a great JRPG for sure but it doesn't come close to the turn based FFX/X2 Remaster.

If "pure" turn based JRPG's is what one is looking for, don't forget PS3 also has a plethora on PS1 classics and some PS2 classics for JRPG's as well. The PS3 really was the RPG king of home consoles last gen.

Nope, neither FFX or X2 come even close in overall quality to LO.

LOL   in your opinion that is...but awe well..

I agree with him and like him I've played them all.

You? 

haha  Don't try to school me on LO Kowen. I'm a huge JRPG fan and bought my 360 specifically for LO and have played most if not all JRPG's on the X360. I don't agree with "him" so thanks for the reply, anything else?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:

You? 

haha  Don't try to school me on LO Kowen. I'm a huge JRPG fan and bought my 360 specifically for LO and have played most if not all JRPG's on the X360. I don't agree with "him" so thanks for the reply, anything else?

Yes.  I agree with him... you dont.  Fine, but there is no need to belittle his and my opinion on the matter.   Whats your xbox username?

I too agree that Lost Odyssey is the superior JRPG between it and either FF X games.

I wish they'd make a PC port. =(

kowenicki said:
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:

You? 

Yes.  I agree with him... you dont.  Fine, but there is no need to belittle his and my opinion on the matter.   Whats your xbox username?

I didn't belitte  his opinion.  Also, I don't remember my Gamertag since it's been that long since I logged into Xbox live since my 360 Rroded on me.  But I did keep my favorites so..

S.T.A.G.E. said:
If the PS3 had 2 GB of ram it would've given the Wii U today a run for its money.

I think it would have smoked the Wii U, considering it had a more powerful CPU.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
If the PS3 had 2 GB of ram it would've given the Wii U today a run for its money.

I think it would have smoked the Wii U, considering it had a more powerful CPU.

I don't even want to think about how expansive the exclusives would've been. 

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:

You? 

I didn't belitte  his opinion.  Also, I don't remember my Gamertag since it's been that long since I logged into Xbox live since my 360 Rroded on me.  But I did keep my favorites so..

It kinda dumb to keep the games and not the console. I have all those also except for MangaCarta but I also have Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms and FFXIII-2 and I played FFXIII.  I would rank then this way:

1. Lost Odyssey

2. Infinte Undiscovery

3. Tales of Vesperia

4. Eternal Sonata

4. FFXIII-2

6. Blue Dragon

7. FFXIII

8. The Last Remnat

9. Enchanted Arms

kowenicki said:
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:

lol.  nice one.

Yeah when he started out with "I dont remember my XBox iD" I was like yeah ok rolls eyes but then bam. 

Any way how is LO? Ive played FFX liked it alot.

Riverstyx said:

I take it you didn't own a ps3? Yeah, it's a great system, still getting good support to this day. Head and shoulders the best home console of last gen imo. I just want Tales of Zestiria!

No I had one. Its just after gaming with the PS4 and X1 for a year, I figued I would notice a huge diff when I went back and played some PS3 titles with the PSNow service.  I was really surprised how well so.e of those top tier exclusive s held up.

Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:

You? 

Nice! Mistwalker could've become huge during 7th gen if their games had been multiplat. PS3 really missed those gems. Still it did quite well regarding JRPGs (pic isn't mine, some of the games aren't JRPGs and other great JRPGs are missing like Ni no Kuni, Tales of Xillia, FFX/X-2, KH 1.5/2.5, etc. probably because it's old).

Chris Hu said:
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:

You? 

It kinda dumb to keep the games and not the console. I have all those also except for MangaCarta but I also have Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms and FFXIII-2 and I played FFXIII.  I would rank then this way:

1. Lost Odyssey

2. Infinte Undiscovery

3. Tales of Vesperia

4. Eternal Sonata

4. FFXIII-2

6. Blue Dragon

7. FFXIII

8. The Last Remnat

9. Enchanted Arms

Not really, like I said they're my favs on that console so I will be picking up another X360 soon. (Hopefully there is price drop on the 250 GB model soon) I have been busy this year saving up extra cash and gifts cards for PS4. Now that I finally got that over Christmas, the X360 is next so I can least play go back and play some of those games whenever I want. If MS would announce LO2 or some exclusive JRPG's that are worth while down the line then I'll get an X1 as well.

Edit: Also I played Eternal Sonata, the FF13 series, SO4 and Enchanted Arms on PS3. Call me crazy but I still think Enchanted Arms is an under rated rpg and looks great to this day, other then the high encounter rate.