By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: The PS4 has the best games lineup 2015 for gamers

2015 is the biggest/most amazing year for gamer in the last few years

Yes!! 212 49.30%

No 156 36.28%

I dont know 39 9.07%

See results 23 5.35%

Total:430

We can only hope that 2014 is not a trend and that 2015's games won't utterly disappoint everyone.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:

Ka-pi96 said:

Of course it's an opinion. How do you think awards are given out? Based on people's opinions of course.

I'm wasting my time.

I swear, I find myself having to say this every single week on this site.   Just because something is widely thought to be good or bad does not make it a fact.

Yes Nate4Drake, you are wasting your time because you are incorrect.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Looks great to me, good time to be a gamer.

Protendo said:
Mbolibombo said:
My most anticipated game from that list would be Grim Fandango which I played almost 17 years ago already. Other than that masterpiece I look forward to Uncharted 4 and No Mans Sky and if Ni No Kuni#2 would be annonced obviosly that to.

On the Wii U I have 3 huge games for me in Splatoon, Xenoblade, Starfox and Zelda.

On the Xbox there is Scalebound...

And ofc Mighty No 9 across the board

Is Ni No Kuni 2 confirmed?  If I was Level 5 I would be releasing a version of Yo-Kai Watch for the PS4.  It's their cash cow and it'd be a system seller.   Which conflicts with my personal desire for another Dark Cloud.

Not confirmed, but it would make me very excited =)
I doubt they release Yo-Kai watch on the PS4 though... but who knows, would love it on the Wii U as well

Burek said:
Twilord said:
Burek said:
I wish I could share the same excitement, but in reality the only game I am truly excited about is Uncharted 4. Sure, there is a lot of games that will be great, many more will be good, but I can live through 2015 with or without any of them. It is fortunate that so many games come out to give something to play for people of all varying tastes, though.

So, anything that comes out I'm fine with, anything that doesn't come out or gets delayed I'm OK with. Just give me Uncharted 4 and this year is perfect. (oh, and MLB The Show will rock)

Is the PS4 your only scene? If so I'd be happy to look up games for other consoles (I naturally gravitate towards Nintendo but despite my lack of inclination towards it I'd be happy to include some Xbone stuff) that might provide you with something else to titillate you.

Edutainment! - Education about entertainment!

Thanjs for the offer, but yes, PS4 is my only console. I really don't have time to have more, and there are so many games to choose from on PS4 alone that they always keep me entertained.

Basically, I play one game a month, so it's not hard to find 12 new games every year. I just meant that even though I actually look forward to about a dozen games, I can do without them and just swap them for another title. Except Uncharted 4 --- and my wife is bothering me almost daily to get it, as if I have the power to develop that entire game tomorrow.

I am getting Dying Light in January, The Order in February and MLB in March, but since no other game on my wishlist has a release date, I don't bother getting hyped for them (Silent Hills, Just Cause 3, Tomb Raider, Rime...)

Oh cool. That is good. Ironically my studying of games gives me little enough time to play modern games for fun too. 

Around the Network

in my opinion YES!, especially if we mix the japanese lineup.

How can this be objective?

OP needs to learn the difference between objective and subjective. This topic is purely subjective. If you wanted an objective topic you should've written as, "Sony has more games than anyone else in 2015". After you create such a title, then the list should follow on the page so people could compare.

IkePoR said:
We can only hope that 2014 is not a trend and that 2015's games won't utterly disappoint everyone.

It was the year of transition for many of us, to be honest before December 2014 the last game that I bought was in February 2013. After that I started to wait for the right time to move on to the 8th gen.

It is all so relative: for those of you who jumped right into the new generation the last year's offering was quite bad, but for those of us who were patient enough to wait until the end of the year it was great.

Let me give you an example: Let's say that you bought a PS4 in early 2014. There wasn't much to play, a few games here and there were spread over the span of the year. Many of them were crossgen and usually the same old annual titles like FIFA, COD and AC.

On the other hand I bought PS4 in December 2014, so I got a great deal with TLOU:Remastered, Driveclub and LBP3 bundled. Then I bought Infamous Second Son and GTA V (which I skipped in the last gen). So basically 1-5 great games (depending on whether you like any of those) in the first month.

It was also a year of transition for developers, many of them would ask themselves: what is the point of developing solely for a platform(s) whose user base is so small? So naturally many of these games were crossgen, like Watch Dogs and Destiny for example.

So why won't the year 2015 be as dissapointing as 2014? Simple answer for a simple question: money. Money that relates to the growing user bases. And that relates to more 8th gen exclusives...

Ultimately it comes down to your personal expectations. For me Uncharted 4 and Batman: Arkham Knight make it already a better year than 2014, everything else is just extra credit.

As others in the thread mentioned, this is purely subjective so I edited the title to reflect that.