By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita is massivly undertracked!!!

Boutros said:
MepH said:

In fact, it's even 150K if we combine Vita+Vita TV. Boutros just made a small mistake and didn't add the 20K from Vita TV.

It brings the Vita LTD total to ~2097K according to NPD (my calculation, might be off by 2-3k)

The difference between NPD and VGC went from about 50K as Nov's end to about 150K at year's end.

I didn't want to combine them because I'm not sure the VGC numbers include PSTV.

Does someone know if VGC tracks PSTV?

They do. I believe they have added them to Japan numbers from the start, which is proof enough that they do the same elsewhere

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Vita should be really close to 10M already.

It should already be 10M. 

cycycychris said:
I always felt that VGchartz was undertracking the system by a bit for this month. Felt like there was no chance that the system was selling that bad. But by all means, those are absolutely horrible sales. 150k should be no achievement.

It is an achievement when you've been lead to believe it only sold 50k in December . It's also up YOY by ~70%!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

BraLoD said:
Dr.Vita said:
BraLoD said:

That would be really cool.

Well, we don't know if that's true. Adding 150k to its sales would only put it at ~9.75m

Shouldn't be long until it reaches 10m though, and it will definitely get there before WiiU

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:
sad thing is... thats still a bad performance.

Party pooper...

But it offers hope if its up YOY, especially on those betting on it to outsell Wii U LT :p

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Dr.Vita said:
BraLoD said:

Vita is now at 9.6 million here in VGChartz.

But this is undertracked:
USA = 100k 
EU = 100 - 300k (we don't know that, but at least 100k because Vita can't be selling better in USA than Europe!)
Rest of World = 200 - 500k (we don't know that, but Sony said that the Vita is selling a lot better there than here in the west and this is not the case in VGChartz.)

BraLoD said:
Dr.Vita said:
BraLoD said:

USA = 100k 
EU = 100 - 300k (we don't know that, but at least 100k because Vita can't be selling better in USA than Europe!)
Rest of World = 200 - 500k (we don't know that, but Sony said that the Vita is selling a lot better there than here in the west and this is not the case in VGChartz.)

So you expect the Vita to be like close to 11M? That's too much...

Nope, 11M is too much, you're right.
But 10.2M - 10.5M seems possible.

Is it possible that Minecraft explains the massive yoy increase?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Dr.Vita said:
BraLoD said:
Dr.Vita said:
BraLoD said:

USA = 100k 

So you expect the Vita to be like close to 11M? That's too much...

Nope, 11M is too much, you're right.
But 10.2M - 10.5M seems possible.

After hearing sales for SAO I'm the sure the asian market is undertracked by a  fair bit, the only thing is that if the system was at 10m, they would have announced it no? 

Vita means undead.