By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 sold less than 135K in the US

DolPhanTendo said:
Ninsect said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Can't wait to see Nintendo's numbers because on their site it is considered a best selling game, go look if you don't believe me. Plus while NPD is accurate with hardware I heard their software numbers are all over the place.

I believe VG chartz is closer due to the fact that my target just went through 7-8 In a week only one left yesterday. Wal-mart is sold out with toys r us as well. Like I said Nintendo has it as a best selling game so I know digitally it is doing better then DKCTF(once again go look).

Are you for real? This isn't about belief. Creamsugar provides factual NPD data. That is a fact. Not belief. Fact.

My factual data is Bayo 2 is listed ahead of NSMBU and DKCTF on Nintendo website for best selling games(MK8, Smash, CTTT, Pikmin, HW,NES, and SM3DW are on it as well). Like I said I heard and NPD numbers that come out on software CAN be wrong at times.

Those are currently (currently being an undisclosed timeframe) best selling Wii U games. How does that prove anything? I mean it's even behind Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (a fact you kinda forgot to mention) on that list.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
zumnupy10 said:

If Sega couldn't make money with a game that sold 2M. Then the problem resides in them.

In light of this I really want to see NPD or Sega numbers saying that Bayonetta sold 2 million. I don't think they would have canned Bayonetta 2 if it actually had.

Still digging. It had shipped 1.35 million 2 months after release. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I wonder if nintendo will ever give numbers for this especailly digital. This game and donkey kong TF

I already thought the sales for Bayonetta 2 were pretty poor, now it's even worse

Oh well. Not a surprise at all

outlawauron said:

Still digging. It had shipped 1.35 million 2 months after release. 

Nice, thanks. Seems like they would have overshipped it pretty badly if that's the case. But maybe it could have eked out 2 million at deep, deep discounts over the years.

Sega is dumb, but based on what we've seen I can't really blame them for dumping it. Not after Sammy put the fear of God in them.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
This is why third parties who opt to work with Nintendo of their own accord should step back from Nintendo until Nintendo creates a profitable grounds for them while being a third party for Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft have been doing it for years, and Nintendo had in the past. The problem with Nintendo doing that in the past is they had control over third parties back then. Everyone had to do everything their way. I will buy this game when I get my Wii U but Nintendo deserves this.

Why would Platinum care? They get paid regardless of how well the game sells. 

Nogamez said:
I wonder if nintendo will ever give numbers for this especailly digital. This game and donkey kong TF

As I said a few posts before, rather unlikely, DK at least has a change of appearing as one of the best selling WiiU games at the end of the FY.

DolPhanTendo said:

My factual data is Bayo 2 is listed ahead of NSMBU and DKCTF on Nintendo website for best selling games(MK8, Smash, CTTT, Pikmin, HW,NES, and SM3DW are on it as well). Like I said I heard and NPD numbers that come out on software CAN be wrong at times.

Your factual data says nothing about what the data even means.  We know NPD is sales in the US for Nov 30th to Jan 3rd.  What does the Nintendo website tell us?  What time periods?  What regions?  Is it retail?  Digital?  Both?  Pikmin is pretty difficult to find at retail in the US, so it seems unlikely it is American retail sales.  Is it based on people using the Nintendo website as a pass through when you click "Find a retailer"?

Even if it is accurate what exactly does being ahead of NSMBU and DKCTF tell us?  If you don't want to use NPD, how much did Bayonetta need to sell to be ahead of those games in December?

DolPhanTendo said:
Ninsect said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Can't wait to see Nintendo's numbers because on their site it is considered a best selling game, go look if you don't believe me. Plus while NPD is accurate with hardware I heard their software numbers are all over the place.

I believe VG chartz is closer due to the fact that my target just went through 7-8 In a week only one left yesterday. Wal-mart is sold out with toys r us as well. Like I said Nintendo has it as a best selling game so I know digitally it is doing better then DKCTF(once again go look).

Are you for real? This isn't about belief. Creamsugar provides factual NPD data. That is a fact. Not belief. Fact.

Yeah so has Bayo 2 somehow sold more than 3m, lol? Since it's ahead of NSMBU? And Pikmin 3 has sold more than SM3DWorld apparently. MH Ultimate has sold more than NSMBU as well. Captain Toad has sold more than Zelda, NSMB2 and more to become the 3rd best selling WiiU game. Lol

It should be pretty obvious that the games above are current best sellers (those that are selling the most right now) but we don't know if it's worldwide or only the US. I would still be pretty surprised if Pikmin was selling more than SM3DWorld and NSMBU

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

DerNebel said:
The fact that Sonic Boom sold over 50% percent of what Bayonetta 2 sold is an abomination, get your priorities straight Wii U fanbase. Lol

Oh and that Sonic Boom also almost sold as much as Driveclub in the US is also horrible, buy Driveclub US PS4 owners. :p

True and true. "Bayonetta 2" is my game of the year. "Driveclub" isn't a bad game, either.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7