By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 sold less than 135K in the US

zumnupy10 said:
JayWood2010 said:

I wouldn't too.  Sega on the other hand did.

We have to remember that the game was cancelled before Nintendo decided to moneyhat it.

As i said, its an amazing game and im just glad it was able to be made.

Im just saying i wouldnt consider it a bomb is all.  And no offense to SEGA but i dont think theyre that great when it comes to making business decisions sometimes.  

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
Ninsect said:
Rogerioandrade said:
HBninjaX said:
Why should I believe some neoF@G, help me out here

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

One thing that we can easily learn by checking  websites/news/web forums  about videogame sales is that  there´s no real realible source for this kind of  information.

And people always seems to prefer to use numbers that either favor their favourite brand or disfavor the brand they hate. That´s  just silly. 

What's ironic is that is exactly what you're doing, even going as far as disregarding a confirmed source

yep.... a internet forum member that  no one knows for sure who he is, where he´s from and which source he has..... very confirmed source indeed.

Whatever anyone wants to believe. I´m  done here.

Good. Resistance is futile.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

DolPhanTendo said:

Can't wait to see Nintendo's numbers because on their site it is considered a best selling game, go look if you don't believe me. Plus while NPD is accurate with hardware I heard their software numbers are all over the place.

I believe VG chartz is closer due to the fact that my target just went through 7-8 In a week only one left yesterday. Wal-mart is sold out with toys r us as well. Like I said Nintendo has it as a best selling game so I know digitally it is doing better then DKCTF(once again go look).

Are you for real? This isn't about belief. Creamsugar provides factual NPD data. That is a fact. Not belief. Fact.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Seriously this is just getting ridiculous now, every freaking month we get these numbers from NPD and nobody doubts them (as we shouldn't) and now as soon as Bayonetta is overtracked we're suddenly getting dozens of people acting as if NPD is just guesswork and/or that Creamsugar is pulling these numbers out of his ass.

DerNebel said:
Seriously this is just getting ridiculous now, every freaking month we get these numbers from NPD and nobody doubts them (as we shouldn't) and now as soon as Bayonetta is overtracked we're suddenly getting dozens of people acting as if NPD is just guesswork and/or that Creamsugar is pulling these numbers out of his ass.

Meanwhile, VGC data is more trustworthy (but we all know why they choose that in this case)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
zumnupy10 said:
JayWood2010 said:

I wouldn't too.  Sega on the other hand did.

We have to remember that the game was cancelled before Nintendo decided to moneyhat it.

As i said, its an amazing game and im just glad it was able to be made.

Im just saying i wouldnt consider it a bomb is all.  And no offense to SEGA but i dont think theyre that great when it comes to making business decisions sometimes.  

I'm not trying to disagree with you in anyway.  On the contrary.

If Sega couldn't make money with a game that sold 2M. Then the problem resides in them.

I really like what Nintendo is doing moneyhatting games that other companies wouldn't like Bayo, Devil's Third and Fatal Frame.

Ninsect said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Can't wait to see Nintendo's numbers because on their site it is considered a best selling game, go look if you don't believe me. Plus while NPD is accurate with hardware I heard their software numbers are all over the place.

I believe VG chartz is closer due to the fact that my target just went through 7-8 In a week only one left yesterday. Wal-mart is sold out with toys r us as well. Like I said Nintendo has it as a best selling game so I know digitally it is doing better then DKCTF(once again go look).

Are you for real? This isn't about belief. Creamsugar provides factual NPD data. That is a fact. Not belief. Fact.

My factual data is Bayo 2 is listed ahead of NSMBU and DKCTF on Nintendo website for best selling games(MK8, Smash, CTTT, Pikmin, HW,NES, and SM3DW are on it as well). Like I said I heard and NPD numbers that come out on software CAN be wrong at times.

Ninsect said:
DolPhanTendo said:

My factual data is Bayo 2 is listed ahead of NSMBU and DKCTF on Nintendo website for best selling games(MK8, Smash, CTTT, Pikmin, HW,NES, and SM3DW are on it as well). Like I said I heard and NPD numbers that come out on software CAN be wrong at times.

zumnupy10 said:

If Sega couldn't make money with a game that sold 2M. Then the problem resides in them.

In light of this I really want to see NPD or Sega numbers saying that Bayonetta sold 2 million. I don't think they would have canned Bayonetta 2 if it actually had.

As they say, denial is the first stage of grief.

Don't expect data to be released by Nintendo either, they only talk about games that sell well, won't be at the Q3 nor the FY results, then Nintendo only lists data of million sellers.