By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 sold less than 135K in the US

HBninjaX said:
Why should I believe some neoF@G, help me out here

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

One thing that we can easily learn by checking  websites/news/web forums  about videogame sales is that  there´s no real realible source for this kind of  information.

And people always seems to prefer to use numbers that either favor their favourite brand or disfavor the brand they hate. That´s  just silly. 

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
HBninjaX said:

One thing that we can easily learn by checking  websites/news/web forums  about videogame sales is that  there´s no real realible source for this kind of  information.

And people always seems to prefer to use numbers that either favor their favourite brand or disfavor the brand they hate. That´s  just silly. 

What's ironic is that is exactly what you're doing, even going as far as disregarding a confirmed source

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Roronaa_chan said:
vivster said:
Roronaa_chan said:
What about it looks random? cream always posts like that. He's a leaker (aka releasing information he shouldn't), the point is to make it look as cryptic as possible while still passing along readable information.

I never understood this part though. Everyone knows he is a leaker and everyone knows he has more accurate information than what he posts. So why try to hide that fact?

I think he's just an attention whore who likes to play games.

I think it's just because the more accurate he is, the more wrath might be brought down upon him by the NPD gods.

Or maybe he enjoys the debates over a few thousand units.

Supposedly NPD gives diffeent people slighly different data in order to catch leakers who just copy and paste the numbers they are given.  So leakers will obfuscate their meaning and use rounded numbers to avoid being caught.  

How do we know this is true? Or just a rumour?

Torillian said:

Supposedly NPD gives diffeent people slighly different data in order to catch leakers who just copy and paste the numbers they are given.  So leakers will obfuscate their meaning and use rounded numbers to avoid being caught.  

Ahhhh. That explains it!

Around the Network

Yep that makes sense and now that i think about it, Aqua said the same thing yesterday.

GTAexpert said:
DerNebel said:
The fact that Sonic Boom sold over 50% percent of what Bayonetta 2 sold is an abomination, get your priorities straight Wii U fanbase. Lol

Oh and that Sonic Boom also almost sold as much as Driveclub in the US is also horrible, buy Driveclub US PS4 owners. :p

Well Sonic Boom sold more than both Bayonetta 2 and Driveclub if you combine 3DS and Wii U versions.

That does not make the situation any better.

Torillian said:

wow never heard about that but makes sense.
not long ago I read that some digital magazine outlets include an individual watermark for each of their subsribers, so they know exactly who uploaded their ebook on the internet for others to download.

zumnupy10 said:
The first game bombed on two system with much larger installed base than the WiiU right now. These numbers on WiiU are no surprise.

Im not sure id consider 2 million in sales as bombing.

@OP - 400k isnt that bad if you you look at things.  One, I believe this is just US, not canada.  So it will be slightly higher than what is currently shown.  But lets say Bayonetta 2 has sold 450-500k world wide.  Its still potentially in the top 20 games on WiiU sales wise and im sure it will continue to sell.  These arent lifetime sales.

However the problem is in three groups.  Nintendo's fanbase typically buys family friendly games.  Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc   I most certainly cant see parents buying Bayonetta for their kids so that removes them.  

Another problem was that Bayonetta's fanbase (2 million people) were on other consoles.  While there certainly was overlapting consumers that has multiple consoles that is still a lot of potential fans lost.  However, Bayonetta 2 likely wouldnt have been made otherwise.  Nintendo helped them out.

The way i look at it is, this game is niche.  Its a great game that people are lucky that it was made in the first place.  And honestly, i believe it is probably profitable for Platinum Games as well.  Nintendo probably made it much less risky to make by funding it and i cant imagine it costing a fortune to make.

Just like From Software, i dont think Platinum Games has to sell millions to profit from a game.

Ninsect said:
Rogerioandrade said:
HBninjaX said:

What's ironic is that is exactly what you're doing, even going as far as disregarding a confirmed source

yep.... a internet forum member that  no one knows for sure who he is, where he´s from and which source he has..... very confirmed source indeed.

Whatever anyone wants to believe. I´m  done here.