By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 sold less than 135K in the US

The worst part is they made 2 games lol and sold it at the price of one, don't forget bayonetta 2 included the wii U version of the first bayonetta, damn

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:
The worst part is they made 2 games lol and sold it at the price of one, don't forget bayonetta 2 included the wii U version of the first bayonetta, damn

You can buy Bayo 2 only too.

Goodnightmoon said:
chapset said:

doesn't they all include bayo 1?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
Goodnightmoon said:
chapset said:

doesn't they all include bayo 1?

Nop. 

Pretty dreadful sales then :/

Around the Network

At least I got it :/ If it doesn't have legs like The Wonderful 101 then I don't doubt it's going to become super rare.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Niche game on a niche system. I doubt expectations were very high.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Am I the only one who thinks Bayonetta 2 looks more like a PlayStation game then a Nintendo game ?... I bet the game would of sell alot more on PS.

PS4 Game Collection

If we compare the total sales of Pikmin 3 as of December 2013, we'll see that Bayonetta 2 is slightly down, the same with Lego City Undercover. http://nintendoeverything.com/december-2013-npd-lifetime-sales-for-wii-u-and-3ds-titles/

Additonally, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze sold 130K copies in February, and as of today has sold just over 400K. http://nintendoeverything.com/february-2014-npd-nintendos-response-wii-u-and-3ds-sales-up/

So Bayonetta 2's situation could have been worse in my opinion, and if it has legs, it could be on par with those games, which by the way are among the best sellers on Wii U.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

It really underperformed, AAA third parties games never had a chance on Wii U.