By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's AC Adapter Policy Isn't Fair - Kotaku

Nintendo should sell the new 3ds without buttons too as their only market for this product is previous 3ds owners (how to fail at business 101 right here) who already have buttons.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network

Nintendo from the 80s-90s: games games games.
Nintendo from the 00s-10s: profits profits profits.

Money will kill them.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Since you can find a charger for less than $10 easily, I don't think it's a big deal as long as the consumer knows beforehand they need one if they don't already have it. What's a bigger issue to me is not having the option to purchase the non-XL New 3DS in North America. I really hope they remedy that in the future. The price difference is more than a $10 charger, and I was looking forward to the customizable faceplates.

Also, the charger coming separately is nowhere near as egregious as the Vita's proprietary memory card nonsense. $40 for 16gb?! And it was originally $60?!?! I love my Vita for the bastard child it is, but not THAT much. Thank goodness for Black Friday sales.

How about not including the battery as well? It probably uses the same battery as the original and not including that would actually save Nintendo a decent amount of money, unlike the $0.50 for the charger.

Not a fair shake Nintendo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

So stupid and the new 3ds XL is glossy finish like what and the fuck were they thinking.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

It's always, always lame when a company doesn't give you everything you need to play out of the box. I don't care which company it is, it bugs me. It's not even really me, I can deal with it just fine, but a lot of kids won't know and a lot of parents won't know.

Yeah, I know $.50 times a few million is a lot of money but come on.

Arcturus said:
Is the charger a standard mini or micro USB? Or is it a proprietary charger?

proprietary

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Cleary397 said:
Why is picking up a charger from the store you are buying the New 3DS from such a big deal?!

This is being blown way out of proportion

The article itself does not blow it out of proportion, but tells as it is: "I also recommend that Nintendo put AC adapters in the box when it releases the NN3DS XL, but their failure to do so is not a deal breaker (though it is annoying)."

Not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying is exactly what I would say about this. Interesting enough though, that nobody cares about the real problem - that the charger is propietary.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Imagine if Xbox consoles were sold without the power supply and you have to buy them separatedly. :P