By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon: The Hype is real?

Loving every bit of the trailer :D

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
siddhartha87 said:

If by unique you mean certain unique features, then fine you are correct, but in that case even every new iteration of CoDs have them. But if you mean it so unique that it provides a never seen before game experience that I would have to disagree with you. Pretty much every game is "unique" in its own way.

And while i appreciate the fact that you are responding to my posts and clarifying your position, I would prefer it if you could tone down with the "ignorant nonsense" stuff. Not every disagreement has to be peppered with insults.

By unique I mean the core gameplay itself. The territorial mechanics are what really seperate it from eveything else, as I certainly can't think of a shooter with similar traits. Movement is highly dependent on turf, as you move faster on your own but slow as molasses on the opponent's. By painting on walls and through grates you'll be able to access otherwise inaccessible areas, but of course if the enemy's paint is there it's a no go until you paint over it. Having access to high vantage points will be important because ink bullets are affected by gravity which means it's easier to shoot at someone below you than someone who's higher. There's also a stealth factor, as ink bullets are visible so you'll be able tell where enemies are when they're shooting, and you'll be able to infer that someone's nearby if you see enemy ink on the ground. When in Squid form on your own ink, you're completely invisible, and even while moving you only leave small ripples in the ink. While these mechanics add depth to the gameplay, at the same time the game's main mode Turf War also raises accessibility. The main objective isn't to get the most kills but to cover the most ground in your team's ink color. This means even if you're not that good you can still help out your team without being a burden. Even if all this doesn't interest you, you can't deny that it's definitely unique! And yes I would hope that every game is unique from each other lel, but even still this game is unique to the shooter genre as a whole.

Well you came in here with what appeared to be a typical anti-Nintendo response so naturally I responded with a typical anti-anti-Nintendo response!

Hmmm, though it is sacrilege to concede in an arguments in a internet debate, I must admit that is a good description of the nuances of the game which I had not considered in depth before. As informative as the ND in action it looked like a giant mess. Hopefully it would translate to fluid gameplay as multiplayer shooters depend on them and the features would be actually useful online, as unique elements in many games are ignored by players in view of simplistic effeiciency.

I hope they release a demo first.

It's WAY too childish to warrant myself purchasing it but my daughter? I might get it for her. It depends on how the online in handled. Hopefully it's like MK where you can't communicate beyond prepared replies.

So hyped for Splatoon. I've got it pegged for a sleeper hit. I'm still a bit sore that the single player isn't what I wanted, but each time we see it it looks better, and they've not even shown the inevitable local no (at e3 they said they were working on ideas to make it work)

I'm looking foward to it and i'm positive that it will be a very fun game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
siddhartha87 said:

Hmmm, though it is sacrilege to concede in an arguments in a internet debate, I must admit that is a good description of the nuances of the game which I had not considered in depth before. As informative as the ND in action it looked like a giant mess. Hopefully it would translate to fluid gameplay as multiplayer shooters depend on them and the features would be actually useful online, as unique elements in many games are ignored by players in view of simplistic effeiciency.

I hope they release a demo first.

That's the beauty of it, you are just making a giant mess! Have you seen any gameplay footage? You pretty much have to adhere to the mechanics and utilize your Squid form otherwise you'll be at a disadvantage, so no worries on it being ignored, except by bad players lel. So fustrating it is to watch players who don't use Squid form as it takes five years for them to get to their destination while constantly running out of ammo. >.>

And yeah I'm hoping they demo it aswell or maybe even beta it, heck I had even made a thread about this!

it seems fairly good and everything, but i see no hype for this game =(

It looks too childish. As for who will be hyped for this, I'm sure it will only be Nintendo fans who get hyped by any game when its developed by Nintendo.

Nintendo fans are sheep. They force themselves to love everything Nintendo throws at them. Even Evil's Third looks "promising" in their eyes, lol.

- M, Carl

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

GTAexpert said:
It looks too childish. As for who will be hyped for this, I'm sure it will only be Nintendo fans who get hyped by any game when its developed by Nintendo.

Not always true, I got hyped for this because it's something new for me and really love collecting new outfits, aaaand just because I love gaming in general.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid