By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon: The Hype is real?

siddhartha87 said:
Looks ok at best, nothing special or innovative. Seems like a discount price dlc shooter

But observing the lack of any shooters on the wiiu it would have some people hyped.

Not sure if trolling...

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

day 1 for me as it looks really fun

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Let's hope it doesn't destiny.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Let's hope it doesn't destiny.

Part of the problem with Destiny is that it had an unreasonable amount of hype behind it and wasn't significantly different from other shooters. Splatoon will have neither of those problems!

Day one like Smash and Mario Kart

Around the Network

I became very interested after all the fan & concept art went viral, and then the November trailer.

If there's anything that convinces you to buy something, it's fan art. >->

Im loving where its going but I still worry, it is Nintendo and online after all. I just know they will fuck it up somewhere.

Einsam_Delphin said:
siddhartha87 said:
Looks ok at best, nothing special or innovative. Seems like a discount price dlc shooter

But observing the lack of any shooters on the wiiu it would have some people hyped.

You either didn't even look at the game, or you're just flat out lying!

This is what I dislike about fans. Is it that hard to comprehend that I might not have the same opinion on the game as yours

I'll see how I like it when I play it. The commercial I saw for it had a very Sunset Overdrive color filled scheme and the gameplay is innovative to boot with you falling into the paint and coming up behind people and shooting them. Nice. When I get the Wii U this will be on the radar.

Skullwaker said:
siddhartha87 said:

Not sure if trolling...

Actually I am not. I sincerely believe that this game at discount price with the Us free online has a chance of doing really well. I know I would get it. But at 60 dollars, no sir, not up to shooter genre standard for me.

On a side note i think free online is the console's best feature, I cant understand why Nintendo does not adverstise it more prominently. Personally i bought the MK8 bundle so that I could WW for free. But I was suprised at how much I enjoyed MK8 online. Point being I wouldve never tried it if it wasnt free.