By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NoA Explains Why Standard New Nintendo 3DS Is Skipping North America

Reading round the internet and it becomes apparent that quite a few people are disappointed that the standard New Nintendo 3DS isn’t being released in North America. Online gaming publication Kotaku contactedNintendo of America to find out why the system with customisable faceplates is skipping the US. Here’s what a spokesperson for the company had to say about the decision.

"Different territories make their own business decisions regarding individual products and timing. We think New Nintendo 3DS XL makes the most sense for our market. Nintendo makes different systems at different price points for a whole range of consumers, and New Nintendo 3DS XL simply expands those choices even further."

So Nintendo, is it ever going to come out here?

"We have nothing to announce at this time."

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/14/nintendo-america-explains-why-standard-new-nintendo-3ds-is-skipping-north-america/

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

"We expanded the choices available to our customers by making their choice for them."

Fucking stupid

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I don't really understand it. The Vita is also $199.99 in the US. I don't think its a good decision because people will probably choose the cheaper 3DS which isn't compatible with the new software. I still believe that this will cause confusion during the holiday season when parents go out to buy a gift. For clarity, I think they should have just called it 3DS2 and put that on the game carts so it was obvious. Expect returns lol.

... NoA are the worst, seriously wtf is wrong with them?? They screw up so often its not ev... huh guess they are just learning from their parents NoJ

Around the Network

I do somewhat understand. Handhelds are big in Japan and tepid in America, so splitting your market is a bigger deal here than it is there. It's just a shame that it's so transparent Nintendo of Japan is doing what's best for them without any regard for the NA market and that NoA has to do the best they can to react.

At least this means the New 3DS won't have a killer exclusive lineup compared to the standard 3DS.

the_dengle said:
"We expanded the choices available to our customers by making their choice for them."

I don't know why that made me laugh so hard lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

So in other words, its cause NoA are idiots

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

This decision, and the decision to call it the New 3DS must have been made by the same people who thought that Wii U was a good name for a successor to the Wii.

Maybe Nintendo has figured out that you can be more profitable by being more confusing?

I understand. It seems like everyone around me vastly prefers the XL, and it seems like it's selling much better too. For the minority that prefers the original however (me) it's crappy news.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9