By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NoA Explains Why Standard New Nintendo 3DS Is Skipping North America

S.Peelman said:
This is a bit of a strange decision. Similar to how NoJ never released the 2DS there. Seems like Europe will be the region where you can have the definitive 3DS collection .

Seriously though, does this mean they are keeping the standard size old 3DS?

In US? No, it has been discontinued.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

I was really eager for todays direct only because of the new 3DS and already planning which face plates i was gonna buy, im really mad but i know it is pointless so i'll just wait until the stupid new XL is $149, don't even care how much time, way to go NoA, idiots.

i get the feeling its more of that its possible that the old 3DS was by far the weakest selling member of the 3DS family and NoA decided not to have the very limited shelf space they already have in stores by having some it taken up by not only the small new 3DS but also the faceplates as well. but the fact that the XL is still in the name could mean that NoA is still open to bringing to the west in the future.

Well, this news just sent the New 3DS from a day one buy to a "maybe someday when it's heavily discounted." So disappointing.

Seriously people now you see why am I saying time after time why Reggie , Miyamoto and Iwata needs to get the hell out of Nintendo, this is the most brainless decision I ever read in a while now.

And still here they come the defenders :/

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Isn't the XL pretty much normal size for American standards? After all, they measure their fast food drinks in gallons over there.

And we measure our penises in square feet.

Guess I'll stick with my OG model. Thanks a fucking lot Nintendo.

:S

Personally I love my 3ds XL and if I were to get the new 3ds, I'd certainly get the XL...

However, not releasing the normal size is a massive mistake. For starters, not everyone likes the XL and prefers the normal size. Secondly, the price difference. Taking those to factors into account... Nintendo will lose a sizable amount of sales.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

sborwege said:
CosmicSex said:
I don't really understand it. The Vita is also $199.99 in the US. I don't think its a good decision because people will probably choose the cheaper 3DS which isn't compatible with the new software. I still believe that this will cause confusion during the holiday season when parents go out to buy a gift. For clarity, I think they should have just called it 3DS2 and put that on the game carts so it was obvious. Expect returns lol.

calling it the 3ds2 Is a bad idea.  Consumers are idiots and don't know how to read from left to right.  Working in electronics retail I have parents come in on a weekly basis and ask for a Ds3 game.    I can only imagine they will get confused by what new means as well.. but adding another number will not make things less confusing.

So, basically, its hopeless.  Confirmed. 

This is a stupid decision. Makes no sense.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread