By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NoA Explains Why Standard New Nintendo 3DS Is Skipping North America

i just saw this on NeoGaf can anyone test this to back up this person's claim?

"I just called my local GameStop, they told me that they were told by management that Nintendo told them that the regular n3DS is coming out in North America eventually, but not for a few months after the XL launches so they can get rid of the old stock OG XLs (to get more shelf space back) as well as not confuse customers by having one console work with faceplates while the other does not. I called a couple other stores and they corroborated this information.

I wouldn't be shocked if NoA is releasing the 3DS XL first for the early adopters and core gamers who probably would only get that version, and is coming out later with the regular version for general consumers at a more wallet-friendly cost.

Still an absolutely ridiculous business decision, but at least it looks like North America is in fact getting it."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=147478106#post147478106

Around the Network

Nintendo of amierica sucks donkey dick. Those faceplates could have made them some money

animegaming said:

"I just called my local GameStop, they told me that they were told by management that Nintendo told them that the regular n3DS is coming out in North America eventually, but not for a few months after the XL launches so they can get rid of the old stock OG XLs (to get more shelf space back) as well as not confuse customers by having one console work with faceplates while the other does not. I called a couple other stores and they corroborated this information.

I wouldn't be shocked if NoA is releasing the 3DS XL first for the early adopters and core gamers who probably would only get that version, and is coming out later with the regular version for general consumers at a more wallet-friendly cost.

Still an absolutely ridiculous business decision, but at least it looks like North America is in fact getting it."

But why didn't they just say this instead of "please understand?"

There you go you already shot yourselves in the foot Nintendo... Not making the new3DSXL customizable...... The plates would be a pretty good source of income but since the XL does not offer it well......

Nintendo is making alot of stupid decisions in the last few years.

(no not hardware power but hardware features like "crappy Nokia 3210 rumble in the WiiU gamepad or "left side only rumble" in the Pro controller and NO analog triggers. Or the crappy batteries they have in 3ds + Gamepad, chargers being sold seperately, not having the 3ds and gamepad charger be the same thing. Just look at the gamepad charger how retarded that is one side so thin it will easily break (like the sensor bar cable) the other one strange and not flexible at all. Then alot of 3ds XL consoles have fucked up sound because the 3ds slider is lose and is making noise when the volume is turned up etc.)

Their games are top notch but their hardware including the software is heading into "knockoff level of quality" territory

Einsam_Delphin said:
animegaming said:

But why didn't they just say this instead of "please understand?"

because they speak perfect english XD

Around the Network

I won't be getting one for a long while now. Was hoping for the smaller version.

If I had a million dollars...

1doesnotsimply

OMFG
NO
FUCK
WHY
NOT BUYING IT
BYE

the_dengle said:
"We expanded the choices available to our customers by making their choice for them."

/thread.

Wow Nintendo, when I thought your marketing efforts reached rock bottom, you dug a deeper hole and jumped in it. So dumb. Isn't that the one with the colored buttons? I wanted that!

TheGoldenBoy said:
the_dengle said:
"We expanded the choices available to our customers by making their choice for them."

/thread.

I'm pretty proud of that one. Here, have another -- this is a text I received from a friend not long ago.

"It's like they gave me a cake, then got on the table and shit on it and asked me how big a slice I want."